• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock Deep Dish Wheel Cover

Steven Bowers

Local time
8:32 PM
Reaction score
Not to sound totally ignorant…….if I change to a 15” stock steel rim to put on my 69 Charger will my 14” Deep Dish Wheel Covers still fit in the wheel…..these wheel covers have the spikes around them …..I’m having a super hard time finding a tire to fit my stock 14” x 6” rims….they have become a dinosaur size rim…..I really want to keep my stock wheel covers that are part of my build sheet item……mysteriously the tire industry just doesn’t feel obligated to supply me a tire any longer…..Go Figure……..

No , unless you or get someone to modify the 15 inch steel wheels. You have to cut the front lip off a 14 inch steel wheel and weld it to the front of the 15 inch wheel. So this makes you 15 inch wheel a 14 inch on the lip , so you can use the 14 inch hubcap.

Frank

225/70R14 is a good looking tire that is readily available.

14” covers don’t fit a 15” wheel.

Thanks for your input guys……much appreciated….
Steven, can you post a picture of your 14" covers? I just bought 4 new 14" wheels from Coker for my 67 Dodge Charger Hemi. I want to put an original 14" cover on the wheels. I don't know what to look for. Your help is appreciated.

Hi Dean- I just picked up this 67 and am swapping to different wheelset. I have these covers. Not sure how “rare” they are, but I sure others can comment .
9DFA1199-7695-44DB-AB69-3A1D5F98FB05.jpeg

Hi Dean- I just picked up this 67 and am swapping to different wheelset. I have these covers. Not sure how “rare” they are, but I sure others can comment .View attachment 1194657
Thank you for the photo, these are the standard covers for 67. I am looking for the redline dog dish covers. Thank you.

Perhaps it would help if we get the terms straight .
A "wheel cover", covers the wheel. The WHOLE wheel. Has a hole in it for the valve stem. Is wheel size specific. A 14" wheel cover won't fit a 15" wheel, or the other way around.
A "hub cap" (or doggie dish, or about five other nicknames) covers the hub, NOT the whole wheel. If the nubs on the wheel are right, a hub cap can fit 13,14,15, or 17" wheel.
@Dean Prevolos , if you are looking for the redline dodge doggie dish, I'm not sure they are "right" for your car. I think they are later caps, maybe 68 up.
Post a thread in 66/67 chargers, asking for hubcap info, someone there WILL know, and have pics.

Steven, can you post a picture of your 14" covers? I just bought 4 new 14" wheels from Coker for my 67 Dodge Charger Hemi. I want to put an original 14" cover on the wheels. I don't know what to look for. Your help is appreciated.
Dean, just look at my cars photo….these are stock Deep Dish Wheel Covers….Orange center with Dodge Emblem on them….how Rare these are I’m not sure…20 years ago you could pick these up relatively easy…Now…I’m not sure….I have another set of them but would need them to be cleaned and repainted….what do you expect for 50 plus years old…..Chargers came with at least 4 different styles of wheel covers and or Hup Caps….that I’m aware of….mine being a White Hat Special Deep Dish Covers was the package that came on it….With you having a 67 these covers I’m sure would not be the correct ones…I believe 68 they started putting these on the Chargers….

Last edited:
Thank you for the photo, these are the standard covers for 67. I am looking for the redline dog dish covers. Thank you.
Dean, you’ll find that an original Wheel Cover will have the Dodge Emblem stamped in the center…or the Emblem will have screws that fasten them on the center…..I believe 68 and 69 will be painted orange in the center…..the ones your looking for may not be painted just normal metal….

Just to clarify: "A "hubcap" is technically the small cover over the center of the wheel, while a "wheel cover" is a decorative metal or plastic disk that snaps or bolts onto and covers the entire face of the wheel.[3] Cars with stamped steel wheels often use a full wheel cover that conceals the entire wheel. Cars with alloy wheels or styled steel wheels generally use smaller hubcaps, sometimes called center caps. Alternatively, wheel cover refers to an accessory covering an external rear-mounted spare tire (also known as a spare tire cover) found on some off-road vehicles."

REdline dog dish hubcaps.jpg
1967 68 Dog dish caps.jpg
Dog Dish will just cover your rim bolts….these are not considered Wheel Covers….
That is what I want, just to cover the wheel bolts. Which one is correct. I have a 67 Charger with a Hemi engine. I have seen photos of 67 Chargers with these dog dish hubcaps. I think the second set on the bottom is correct for 1967. I think the redline dog dish are correct for 1969.

Does anybody know?

I
View attachment 1195132 View attachment 1195133
That is what I want, just to cover the wheel bolts. Which one is correct. I have a 67 Charger with a Hemi engine. I have seen photos of 67 Chargers with these dog dish hubcaps. I think the second set on the bottom is correct for 1967. I think the redline dog dish are correct for 1969.

Does anybody know?
I would say the top set are for 68 69….the bottom set would be for 66 67…..

I thought the 66 and 67 cars still used the steel wheels that took the 10 inch dog dish hubcap..

Frank

Auto Transport Service
Back