• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stop on in for a cup of coffee!

Yep. I make a pot in the morning and I end up microwaving it towards the evening. Granted my morning is around 10 am and I'm in bed around 2am. I have no life.
But you have a couple cool cars.

I used to drink Coke from the seconed I got up, drank it all day and had a can of Coke right before going to bed. During the night if I got up, opened a can and finished it off. Did that for many years until I got married and she help me stop that. I now drink quite a bit of coffee, caffeine high without carbonation I guess. Smoke a pack a day, I hate as much as I like it so I don't see that stopping anytime soon.

Thanks for sharing that. A close friend of mine from high school days used to drink coke like you did. He also worked late into the night most every day at his own machining business. Coke has lots of caffeine like coffee does.
I remember the day he passed. He had chest pain and called 911. He could not spell out his location in time.---He always worked alone. I miss him as being as practical and logical as I am.

Last edited:
Hey there guys! Just Ghosting in here...see what I did there? I too used to drink pots of black java every day and smoked two + packs of unfiltered Camels a day too. Loved Coke to drink too and German beer, lots of beer. After about 6 years I was riding in a mil pickup going up Hill 880 above Frankfurt Germany with two other soldiers when I blacked out. They couldn't raise me so they stopped at a German Clinic and dropped me off. After getting me back to reality the Doc did a complete exam. I spoke German at the time. He told me that what he found was that I was an addict. To Caffeine, Nicotine, and alcohol. He said my nervous system was acting like it had been fried from both ends and I was currently very close to the smoking middle and had to stop. Period. I said I didn't think I could. He turned me on to a spa, read detox facility, in Austria that said they could do it with in a 45 day in house stay. So, I took 48 days of saved up leave and beat feet to the spa. Those bastards were tough. Very tough love. It was ugly boys, real ugly. I made it though, they did it right. Stopped everything, all at once. Dang near killed me too. The Military never knew about it and it never came up. The boys in the truck with me stuck to the story of me just having a stomach virus. That was in 1979. Have not had any of the above since then and have not wanted to.
Nice thread, thanks for starting it! Ghost.

Thanks for sharing that. A close friend of mine from high school days used to drink coke like you did. He also worked late into the night most every day at his own machining business. Coke has lots of caffeine like coffee does.
I remember the day he passed. He had chest pain and called 911. He could not spell out his location in time.---He always worked alone. I miss him as being as practical and logical as I am.
Sorry to hear that about your friend. My stomach was so torn up from soda I would get such bad pains that I would be bent over. I quit drinking it about 18 years ago and only about 7 years ago the pain has finally gone away. I will get the pains once in a while but nothing like it use to be. I little bit more time and hopefully goes way for ever.

My little brother drank Pepsi a lot. He began getting kidney stones pretty often. He stopped drinking Pepsi and the stones got a lot better too.

Hey there guys! Just Ghosting in here...see what I did there? I too used to drink pots of black java every day and smoked two + packs of unfiltered Camels a day too. Loved Coke to drink too and German beer, lots of beer. After about 6 years I was riding in a mil pickup going up Hill 880 above Frankfurt Germany with two other soldiers when I blacked out. They couldn't raise me so they stopped at a German Clinic and dropped me off. After getting me back to reality the Doc did a complete exam. I spoke German at the time. He told me that what he found was that I was an addict. To Caffeine, Nicotine, and alcohol. He said my nervous system was acting like it had been fried from both ends and I was currently very close to the smoking middle and had to stop. Period. I said I didn't think I could. He turned me on to a spa, read detox facility, in Austria that said they could do it with in a 45 day in house stay. So, I took 48 days of saved up leave and beat feet to the spa. Those bastards were tough. Very tough love. It was ugly boys, real ugly. I made it though, they did it right. Stopped everything, all at once. Dang near killed me too. The Military never knew about it and it never came up. The boys in the truck with me stuck to the story of me just having a stomach virus. That was in 1979. Have not had any of the above since then and have not wanted to.
Nice thread, thanks for starting it! Ghost.

Thanks Ghost for that sharing of a tough time where life can lead us bit by bit.

My older sister had addiction trouble with a drinking addiction many years ago. Our mother moved in with her and I spent several thousand dollars to pay for her "detox"
All seemed well for a few years but it all came back.
To speed up a long story--Me and several others in the family had an "intervention" to keep her off of the streets. This worked for a few months.--She passed while sleeping with COPD from smoking. Cigs. were found at an open window in her non-smoking room.

I see there is a thread on here about airplanes, just wondering if anyone is into model railroading of any scale? I personally like HO but would like to get a few G scale trains down the road. I don't want to start a thread here on FBBO but would like to converse with someone if they do. I don't have a specific rail line or location I like best, PRR is a favorite of mine but anything trains from the 30' to around early 60's.
20170925_204541.jpg

I always liked trains but never had any. I did and still have HO race cars and miles of track. I'm sure someone around shares your interest.

I always liked trains but never had any. I did and still have HO race cars and miles of track. I'm sure someone around shares your interest.
Slot cars were the best growing up. One of my cousins dad had taken his bedroom wall and built a fold up track, like a Murphy bed. I don't remember it that well but everything was ready to go, just undo the latch bring it down and start racing. I it was the coolest thing I had ever seen.

Last edited:
I see there is a thread on here about airplanes, just wondering if anyone is into model railroading of any scale? I personally like HO but would like to get a few G scale trains down the road. I don't want to start a thread here on FBBO but would like to converse with someone if they do. I don't have a specific rail line or location I like best, PRR is a favorite of mine but anything trains from the 30' to around early 60's.
View attachment 518973
I like trains. I have a HO set, someplace. Since my uncle didn't have any kids, he gave me his Lionel set. He's also the one that originally bought my current Coronet.

My uncle's Lionel 2373 Canadian Pacific F-3 AA Diesel Locomotive Set from 1957. The set also includes (1) No. 2551 Canadian Pacific Illuminated "Banff Park" Observation Car; and (3) Lionel No. 2552 Canadian Pacific Illuminated "Skyline 500" Vista Dome Cars.

I also have 6 "Plasticville, USA" houses; Ranch House (white/yellow), Church, School House, Fire House, Gas Station and Cape Code House (red).

lionel-train-121616-01-XL.jpg

lionel-train-121616-02-XL.jpg

lionel-train-121616-02-XL.jpg

lionel-train-121616-04-XL.jpg

lionel-train-121916-01-XL.jpg

Made a video as well:

Slot cars were the best growing up. One of my cousins dad had taken his bedroom wall and built a fold up track, like a Murphy bed. I don't remember it that we'll but everything was ready to go, just undo the latch bring it down and start racing. I it was the coolest thing I had ever seen.

My dad and his two brothers made a 1/32 scale slot car track in the basement back in the day. Had some fun times racing! My grandparents have passed, so the track is gone. Got a few photos and I have my car in a box. Going to look for the pics...

Working on our car is fun and I enjoy everything about cars but sometimes its not very relaxing. I had fun as a kid putting together plastic model cars and stuff and in my early 20's I discovered model railroading. I get to combine my love of wood working, models, transportation and all that stuff.

I stopped drinking coffee a few years ago in an effort to identify the cause of vertigo-like symptoms.
I used to make a pot every day just cause the sun came up. It was a habit. Coffee may not have had anything to do with my issues and experimenting with not drinking it but I resist starting back into it. I will have a taste of coffee from time to time but the addiction is past.
Now if only I could do the same with tobacco.
I will definitely look back in here if you all don't mind me lighting up when I do so.:)
I know your pain i have my first episode of vertigo in January this year so Iwent to the doctor (well doctors all kind of them ) and turns out that the little stone in my ears move out of its place took me like a month to stabilize my sight the doctors told me no more coffee but I cheat and I have a small cup every day no vertigo so far

Auto Transport Service
Back