• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stop on in for a cup of coffee!

Thanks Ghost for that sharing of a tough time where life can lead us bit by bit.

My older sister had addiction trouble with a drinking addiction many years ago. Our mother moved in with her and I spent several thousand dollars to pay for her "detox"
All seemed well for a few years but it all came back.
To speed up a long story--Me and several others in the family had an "intervention" to keep her off of the streets. This worked for a few months.--She passed while sleeping with COPD from smoking. Cigs. were found at an open window in her non-smoking room.
I'm sorry for your loss brother.

Coffee isn’t going to do us any good today lol

C005320A-9D4B-4E10-9415-6C4D5234DE34.jpeg

I used to drink Coke from the seconed I got up, drank it all day and had a can of Coke right before going to bed. During the night if I got up, opened a can and finished it off. Did that for many years until I got married and she help me stop that. I now drink quite a bit of coffee, caffeine high without carbonation I guess. Smoke a pack a day, I hate as much as I like it so I don't see that stopping anytime soon.
Man please do yourself a favor and please stop smoking my old man died last year because of a stroke in his head he smoke since he was 15 until he died at 64 and he smoke a pack a day i never hear the word cathastropic in a doctor until the neurologist who attended him told my sister's and me his condition she told us that all the risk factors that my dad have ( particular smoking ) the life charge him in a single bill and believe me that was sad to hear and worst to look at my father in that condition his right side of the brain collapse he stop eating seeing he stop moving his spine cord was beyond repair and finally his entire brain falls down in the end he have a 43 degree temperature that finally took his love he was 9 days in the hospita so please dude do yourself a favor and STOP SMOKING

AWWWW...................NICE!!
Long day of swimming for the boy tuckered him out, he’ll be asking to go to the garage first thing in the morning. I have to get a video of it it’s the cutest thing he says garage and gets so excited when we walk up to the door.

Long day of swimming for the boy tuckered him out, he’ll be asking to go to the garage first thing in the morning. I have to get a video of it it’s the cutest thing he says garage and gets so excited when we walk up to the door.
Kids are the bomb! I miss my grands..

Kids are the bomb! I miss my grands..
Always wanted at least ONE grandson, needed one to teach about the cars and hand down my Mopars too. Isn't going to happen though, no grandchildren and not looking like there ever will be now. A very big life disappointment for me. Be very grateful if you have them, and spoil them all you can!

Man please do yourself a favor and please stop smoking my old man died last year because of a stroke in his head he smoke since he was 15 until he died at 64 and he smoke a pack a day i never hear the word cathastropic in a doctor until the neurologist who attended him told my sister's and me his condition she told us that all the risk factors that my dad have ( particular smoking ) the life charge him in a single bill and believe me that was sad to hear and worst to look at my father in that condition his right side of the brain collapse he stop eating seeing he stop moving his spine cord was beyond repair and finally his entire brain falls down in the end he have a 43 degree temperature that finally took his love he was 9 days in the hospita so please dude do yourself a favor and STOP SMOKING
Sorry that you lost your dad so early. I hear so many stories like this and you would think it would sink into my thick head. 40 years ago, I remember it like it was yesterday, my dad came by our house to tell us are grandfather had past away. 2 packs a day working on his camper in the driveway getting it ready for the summer trip. My father found him lying on his back in the driveway under the camper, 70's I believe. My father in law, 8 years ago, 63 years old, smoking. Cancer started in his neck and spread to his brain in a matter of months. He told us the pain he was going through was horrible and said stop now while you still have a chance. Mother in law, smoker, 7 years ago, 72 years old, stroke. You would think after me telling you this is I would stop. I honestly can't stand smoking and will find that way to stop. You have to really want to quit in order to quit. I have to get myself to that point, hopefully soon.

Last edited:
My little brother drank Pepsi a lot. He began getting kidney stones pretty often. He stopped drinking Pepsi and the stones got a lot better too.
Hi Mike and all. Checking in from highway #2 --West--Iowa--70 mile marker. This Pepsi post prompts me to chime in. I drank to much Pepsi and diet Pepsi till just this past week. A few years ago, I had ten Kidney stones total between both kidneys, the size of marbles. 7 times they put me to sleep and 3-4 hours procedure each to laser zap them and fish out the pieces. So, now I am left with a couple issues that will be with me for life . Dr. claims that nothing we drink ( including ice tea) causes kidney stones. I am skeptical about that. My Knees, including one with replacement last January, have been hurting a lot recently, Sometimes they feel great. I have heard that cola's can cause joint pain --also carbonation. So---I have stopped drinking my daily Diet Pepsi . After a week without, I had one yesterday, and it was so sickenly sweet--not tasty at all. Knee pain has let up, but maybe weather related?.................................MO

I know the thread really isn't about coffee :lol:

I do love my cups of Joe in the AM,
5 scoops for a 12 cupper, I like it strong...
2-4 cups a day, I can drink it any time too,
but don't drink too much at night...

I check back from time to time see what's up too...

I do love my Brew every so often too, just occasional now
if I drink a 12 pack a month that's a lot...
A nice Samuel Adams please...
Chocolate Cream Stout, my favorite...
Don't drink much at home my dad is an alky, with heart issues,
no need to get him going, he likes the hard stuff, way too much...

I was a smoker for a time too, usually a cigar, didn't really inhale,
but progressed to then to cigs/Marlboro's,
maybe a pack every 3 days or so, bad habit as soon as I'd get in my
work truck I'd smoked while I drove...
I never smoke in any of my personal cars or trucks...
I was a chewer, in HS & about 10 years afterwards,
tobacco was the hardest thing to quit, especially the chew,
I started smoking to help curb the chew Kodiak habit...
Glad to say I don't do any for well over a decade...

OK that covered a few subjects :lol:

Hi guys...I like a coffee sometimes. My brand here is Moccona.

I also collect Hotwheels cars - 1:64 scale mostly....became more addictive than coffee for a few years. Luckily I don't smoke, or I'd be really fu%&ed up.:lol:
One of several cabinets of cars which line my garage walls....
upload_2017-9-26_19-29-49.png

My wife said display them or sell them.....I got cracking packets open a few years back with the kids...what a great week that was.
One of my rarest cars -
upload_2017-9-26_19-31-39.png

Less than 100 produced, and the only one I have seen still in it's packet.

Fought hard to get this beauty...
upload_2017-9-26_19-32-36.png

Lemme know if you wanna see more :thumbsup:

I've got some pre-war lionels that belonged to my grandfather. My dad grew up with these sitting in an old cardboard pfizer drum ( which they're still in ! ), he's only seen them out 2 times. I took them a few years ago with the plans of having them restored, but I think I'll leave them be as they are. These are some older pictures, the cars are on 12x12 squares for reference ...

0308091936.jpg 0308091935.jpg

I started a coffee shop thread over at FABO and it just topped a million and a half views. We just hang out and chat about anything. We don't get into politics or sexual stuff too much. (there are already threads for that) stop on in for a cup and a chat with your friends. tmm
LOL when the site is down did you go into withdrawal?:rofl::rofl:
Subscribed!

Any of you guys have any old sun test equipment? I got the bug recently.

Hi Mike and all. Checking in from highway #2 --West--Iowa--70 mile marker. This Pepsi post prompts me to chime in. I drank to much Pepsi and diet Pepsi till just this past week. A few years ago, I had ten Kidney stones total between both kidneys, the size of marbles. 7 times they put me to sleep and 3-4 hours procedure each to laser zap them and fish out the pieces. So, now I am left with a couple issues that will be with me for life . Dr. claims that nothing we drink ( including ice tea) causes kidney stones. I am skeptical about that. My Knees, including one with replacement last January, have been hurting a lot recently, Sometimes they feel great. I have heard that cola's can cause joint pain --also carbonation. So---I have stopped drinking my daily Diet Pepsi . After a week without, I had one yesterday, and it was so sickenly sweet--not tasty at all. Knee pain has let up, but maybe weather related?.................................MO
IMHO sodas these days are just a jolt of sugar floating in a chemical bath. Never touch them.

Auto Transport Service
Back