• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

T-stat housing upgrade

I dont use one, but it should never leak being an "o ring" design.

never been a fan of oring flat housings.you need an almost perfect surface to seal to or they leak.(especially with pitting)plus,why make two seal points when you only need one?

Never had any problems using a stock one.....and they don't cost 100 bucks!

It's a nice piece and all. It would kinda look outta place on anything but an aliminum pump housing to me.

Mr Gasket makes a "reuseable" double O ring gasket.

Most stores stock the chevy one, and have to special order the Mopar one.

I bought a chevy one and hogged out the housing to use the chevy holes on one of my Eddy perf intakes.

Been fine for about a year on my 73 Charger that gets run/driven about every 3 or 4 months.

Hell, ya could always paint it to match the engine....but that kinda defeats the purpose of shelling out that kind of money.

Mancini Billet on the RT. Not cheap either, but never leaked. Sealed easy.

I gots me a clear one :) P3051734.jpg

Nothing wrong with O.E.M.,spend your money on something worth while !!

Clear one? You gotta be kiddin me. Dude, get that off there. You might as well paint the thing chebbie orange.

LMAO. coming soon see through heads and blocks why not watch your drive train while it's running? That thing was designed by a steam fitter or boiler maker, It's a nice idea but belongs on a 100,000 gal water tank. Hell why not build a temp gauge into it as well?

wait...hmmmm quick to the patent office!

C'mon now guys, that see thru t-stat is kinda cool...no pun intended.

I just don't see either of these as an "upgrade". Maybe it's a chebbie thing.

wow, I will keep my thoughts to myself ..... ive never had a problem sealing any factory housing ... and I thought my 10 dollar chrome one was pushing it lol

Tough crowd.

The reason it's a 2 peice is so you can use the modern 78 and up t-stats which includes the fail safe ones etc.

Mines not leaking -knock on wood- but I have had past ones that would leak no matter how clean, how torqued, gasketed rtv etc. Not sure what t-stat is in the car so was going to pull it and check, figure a 180 would be fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back