• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tail Light

71newp

Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
Spring has threatened to arrive, so I got my 76 Cordoba out of the garage. I opened the trunk and the left rear tail light fell off!! So I'm lookin at it and it's not attached with screws, just some tabs that are held on by friction!!! I was amazed!! Anyway, my question is what have others here done to lock these rare things in place?
Thanks, Tim

They are glued on it was common for those to fall off mine did it in the 80s i thought somebody stole them

They used a sticky black type of adhesive to stick them on, Magnums have the same stuff. I've only lost 1 in the 15-20 or so Magnum stretching from the mid 80's till now.

Here is a picture of the tail light. The glue on mine looks gray (on the edge at the top in the photo.) I will look around for some type of RTV to use, otherwise I was thinking I would use "gutter sealant." Any other ideas?

DSCN0044.JPG

You could use a "neutral Cure" silicone...just be aware that silicone sticks like the proverbial to a blanket. You can finger it smooth and thin by first wetting your finger - or lay the silicone down, then spray with water mixed with a little detergent - then just run your finger down the edges. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back