• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Talk me out of a hellcat.

I saw a silver R/T classic a the Lebanon Valley New York Mopar show that had a black vinyl yop on it. I reconfigured my wifes headlights and directional lights to the 1970 configuration,I have to do the same to the red car.

20180826_180731.jpg

20180826_180753.jpg

20180826_180804.jpg

20180826_180810.jpg

Ive successfully talked myself out of a new scat pack long enough that the neighbor who is sales manager at dodge says I’m about out of time for the custom order. If I do it it has to be my way and that’s a one of one car. I just can’t get myself there, as I can’t use the 375 hp I have now, let alone 485. 700-800 is even more of a laugh.
Do the custom order. You're not obligated to take delivery.

Had a 2019 Widebody Challenger Redeye with 3.09 gears/auto and sold it at the height of the pandemic bubble (realizing that it was now nor never I could get my money back). Simply did not enjoy driving it. Thing weighed as much as a truck and took corners about as well. You couldn't use half the power in straight-line acceleration due to traction issues, even with the obscenely wide tires I put on it. Only plus over an old-school 440 ground-pounder with 400 horses is the ability to cruise at 80-150 without breaking a sweat.

Wouldn’t I have to lay down a deposit?
Depends on dealer. You're very late to the last call game and many options were already put on restriction. Not sure what you had in mind, but good chance it's too late unfortunately

Wouldn’t I have to lay down a deposit?
Just tell them no deposit. Don't blink.

They are under no obligation to sell it to you if you give them a deposit. Once the car arrives they can sell it to the first person that has approved financing or cash in hand whether you have a deposit on it or not.

Depends on dealer. You're very late to the last call game and many options were already put on restriction. Not sure what you had in mind, but good chance it's too late unfortunately
I just went and did the whole build I want. Let me have it all.

Just tell them no deposit. Don't blink.

They are under no obligation to sell it to you if you give them a deposit. Once the car arrives they can sell it to the first person that has approved financing or cash in hand whether you have a deposit on it or not.
That‘s really interesting. I could probably pull this off since the manager lives across the street from me. Can’t see keeping the GTX and that bothers me. Real issue is you actually can’t fit three kids in the back like I expected. It’s a mirage. Absolute minimum for me to fit leaves maybe 5.5”. Where I really need to be though is with the seat as far back as it goes, which is against the back seat. If it weren’t for that I think the Scat with the big brakes would be in the garage right now.

I put $1k down on my custom order 2022 Challenger. You’re definitely late to the party. Chrysler Financial had 0% interest at the time of my purchase. I was also lucky to get below MSRP.
0219EC82-5330-45E5-AF8A-ADAE48DB8432.jpeg

Note, “This vehicle was especially built for Chuck…….” on the window sticker.

Last edited:
That‘s really interesting. I could probably pull this off since the manager lives across the street from me. Can’t see keeping the GTX and that bothers me. Real issue is you actually can’t fit three kids in the back like I expected. It’s a mirage. Absolute minimum for me to fit leaves maybe 5.5”. Where I really need to be though is with the seat as far back as it goes, which is against the back seat. If it weren’t for that I think the Scat with the big brakes would be in the garage right now.

I had three teenagers in the back of my wife's Challenger, and the only complaint I got was that they wanted control of the radio.

Had a 2019 Widebody Challenger Redeye with 3.09 gears/auto and sold it at the height of the pandemic bubble (realizing that it was now nor never I could get my money back). Simply did not enjoy driving it. Thing weighed as much as a truck and took corners about as well. You couldn't use half the power in straight-line acceleration due to traction issues, even with the obscenely wide tires I put on it. Only plus over an old-school 440 ground-pounder with 400 horses is the ability to cruise at 80-150 without breaking a sweat.
Thank God you got rid of that awful car! And the car payments.

My insurance went DOWN $30/yr when I traded my 2012 charger v6 for the HC.
Insurance agent had no clue why
Probably because of the numbers of stolen cars?
Chargers are very popular to nick with the hoodlums...

Auto Transport Service
Back