• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Testarossa sound

verdelaw

Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
I'm not really into Italian or really expensive cars in general.. but my god the SOUND on this is amazing. Skip to 3:20 for a tunnel run and glorious beautiful sound. Makes me happy in my soul.

I'm not really into Italian or really expensive cars in general.. but my god the SOUND on this is amazing. Skip to 3:20 for a tunnel run and glorious beautiful sound. Makes me happy in my soul.

Drove a Testa Rossa once. An experience.

The newer Vettes have a pretty cool sound for a V8...but I'm starting to get kinda tired of it. There's a wide open road with an intersection about a mile behind my place with no buildings between it and me so I get to hear everyone drag racing from the light on Friday and Saturday nights. For years it was Mustangs with Flowbastards but I guess most have grown tired of that sound finally. If you want to hear nasty...remove the cat and muffler from a 3.9 V6 and install a straight in place. It's not bad until you stick your foot in the throttle but the 5.2 sounds much better that way. The coolest factory car I've driven is a Viper....

I love the sound of this one, even if it has the wrong title, should read AMG

This has always been the coolest video of a Ferrari HAULIN *** thru France. Crank it up loud, listen for the missed shift, and count how many RED lights he blows through!

This has always been the coolest video of a Ferrari HAULIN *** thru France. Crank it up loud, listen for the missed shift, and count how many RED lights he blows through!

Hate to burst your bubble, but the sound on that is dubbed. The camera car is a Mercedes W116.

I'm not really convinced that it was done at the speeds that the screaming Ferrari soundtrack suggests though. A wide angle lens that close to the ground has a way of making things appear faster than they are.

Case in point, watch the buildings going by between 5:14 and 5:28 (before and after the garbage truck is passed). Watch the amount of deceleration necessitated before riding up onto the sidewalk. Not much. Then watch the acceleration. The car is barely meandering through the intersection at 5:27 (watch the building with the "Nicolab" sign). Incidentally, look out for the white '71-73 Mustang, just seconds later.

Now compare that with the bumper-mount tracking shots from the film Ronin. Again, Paris, but when you watch it, you realize just how slow the 1976 short film is (IMO, European or not, the finest car chase of 1990's cinema). Again, dubbed. Best to compare the two with audio off.

-Kurt

Last edited:
The Testarossa has a 301.6 ci Ferrari flat 12 cylinder motor with 4 valves per. Nasty sound, lousy low end, great top end...

I love the sound of this one, even if it has the wrong title, should read AMG

Wow, would have really liked to see police set up road block,catch the guy,drag him out of the car by his neck and beat the living **** out of him. That would be a much better ending,don't you all agree?

No offense, but this just sounds like a blender to me! I mean, that Testarossa sound at 3:21 sounds like a friggin spaceship.

no worries. the sound isnt all that great in that vid. Ill try and find ya one that is better.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the sound on that is dubbed. The camera car is a Mercedes W116.

I'm not really convinced that it was done at the speeds that the screaming Ferrari soundtrack suggests though. A wide angle lens that close to the ground has a way of making things appear faster than they are.

Case in point, watch the buildings going by between 5:14 and 5:28 (before and after the garbage truck is passed). Watch the amount of deceleration necessitated before riding up onto the sidewalk. Not much. Then watch the acceleration. The car is barely meandering through the intersection at 5:27 (watch the building with the "Nicolab" sign). Incidentally, look out for the white '71-73 Mustang, just seconds later.

Now compare that with the bumper-mount tracking shots from the film Ronin. Again, Paris, but when you watch it, you realize just how slow the 1976 short film is (IMO, European or not, the finest car chase of 1990's cinema). Again, dubbed. Best to compare the two with audio off.

-Kurt

Ooh, Ronin is some badass footage.

[QUOTpigeons0, post: 910514774, member: 11139"]This has always been the coolest video of a Ferrari HAULIN *** thru France. Crank it up loud, listen for the missed shift, and count how many RED lights he blows through!
[/QUOTE]

Damn pigeons!

The Alfa Romeo tipo 33 Stradale
A 2 liter, 4 cam, 4 valve aluminum V8. All hand beaten aluminum skin.
Run up & hot laps begin about halfway through...if One is impatient with walk around & specs

Think thats the Top Gear test track......Guy gets Her pretty loose on the no camber surface.......what a Suh-weet Ride! Oh gawd would i love to have one of these little 2.0 ltr jewels to put in chopped bug. Alfa did produce a handful of GTV street cars with this motor......Alfa of America was quite helpful in my short search for one......too much money.....but what a heartbeat it would be for Hyde...

IMG_20160213_172833.jpg IMG_20160213_172142.jpg

Last edited:
A while back, I took my kids for a ride in the Belvedere with the fresh 451. I goosed the throttle a little just to go e the kids a thrill when my 7 year old shouted from the back, "My pee pee hurts! But it kinda feels good."

Yep, a proper engine will do that, no matter what country it's made in.

Auto Transport Service
Back