• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 71 Charger 500 becomes a SuperBee clone!

wow those are some updates looking very nice thanks :headbang:

very cool, thanks for the pics! will you be using a hydraulic throwout bearing for the transmission? or using a slave cylinder with the stock fork and throwout bearing in the tranny?

It's a hydraulic bearing. 1400 series McLeod. They make very nice stuff. Check them out on Youtube.

- - - Updated - - -

What are the dimentions of the bore and stroke?

512 Stroker

MP 452 Aluminum head
Comp adjustable rockers
Comp hydraulic cam 1228 .545 lift 241 intake 247 exhaust
Performer RPM intake
Holley 870 Street Avenger
MSD distributor and 6AL-2 box
Callie's Dragonslayer crank 4.250, 2.750, 2.200
Scat H Beam 4340 Rod 6.535
Custom Diamond Piston 4.375
Power Bond Balancer
McLeod Flywheel
McLeod 6913-07 RST clutch
McLeod 1400 series hydraulic release bearing
Tremec TKO600

- - - Updated - - -

How high does the 6 way raise the seat over stock and how do you like it?

also how easy is it to operate?

It works quite well. I like that it can tilt back further as well it can raise and lower too. Very easy to operate. Push handle forward controls the forward tilt and push the handle back to control the rear tilt.

Check out installation here.

http://www.nicksgarage.com/6way.htm

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/installing6wayseatadjuster.shtml

I have the cylender mount out at the fire wall and a throw out assembly that slips on the tranny so I can do away with the fork. If you can PM me the distance from piviot to push rod ( CtoC )
The info will help me get it set up!
Thanks
Tj

I hope you have time to swing by Stoon this year. I would love to see this thing in person.

My project car will by no means have as good as parts as yours does but I would love to have almost the exact same look as yours except I wont be making it a super bee lol. Thank you so much this has given me so many different ideas for mine. Perfect Mopar. Perfect.

what company did you go with for the rear window louvers? i just ordered some from sfx preformance, and i really really hope they look that good on my car.

what company did you go with for the rear window louvers? i just ordered some from sfx preformance, and i really really hope they look that good on my car.

I'm not sure what brand they are? I bought them off an EBay seller. For the price they look quite good. Not as good as the originals, but at $3500 for a set of those I can live with these.

Outstanding work.
I really enjoyed viewing all your pics.
Enjoy!

Wow, I really need to get out more often. I totally missed this build and man is this one sharp charger, suspension, brakes, motor, interior, body, paint and everything else is just absolutely gorgeous. Way to go, love it!

car looks amazing.. i know mine will never even be close becasue i dont have money to just throw at it. damn nice car. i sure would love to be selected by a company to fully restore mine.. its built one part at a time from where ever i can find them.. keep up the great work and get some good videos.

With the added amperage in the Alternator and the custom audio in the trunk, the factory gauges were not cutting it, so a B Body insert from Classic Dash and Auto Meter Ultra Lites in Purple back lit LED's is a great addition as well as a more reliable setup.

Smaller slave cylinder for the hydraulic clutch should save my leg and make pedal effort much better for that stop and go traffic!

Nice looking Tiger Stripe Maple Pistol Grips. Much improved from the factory plastic. Nothing feels like wood!

Even though I am short the N96 hood, I have always loved the N96 Air Cleaner. Big improvement!

Will be adding an aluminum W/P housing with high flow W/P as well as a 4 core rad. The BIG 512 still has heating issues in stop and go traffic. Wanna tame this beast and keep it cool! Too much $ to just cook it! Enjoy!

Finally Found this thread and loving every post and seeing where you took the car from!

Curious where you got the tiger stripe pistol grip inserts? I have some ideas for my shifter and those may need to play a part :)

There is a guy on the Cuda Challenger form that makes them. I believe he is in Ontario so not far from you.

There is a guy on the Cuda Challenger form that makes them. I believe he is in Ontario so not far from you.

Thanks! I think I found him doing a search right after I posted this. My problem is that my shifter won't be able to be a generic fit from another model and it looks like he only sells complete units. (doesn't sell handle separately) OH well Bummer for me!

I also just came across this http://www.idlehandswoodwork.com/

Sweet car lots of good ideas for my build wish I could afford all the bells and whistles but I did spring for the 4 speed conversion kit so the rest will come I guess.
Good luck with it it looks amazing any new pics .have you done anything else recently.

Needed more hood clearance, so designed a ramcharger style induction to fit in a Superbee hood. Ignore the run in the paint my painter missed that and it is being fixed. As well I will put the stock decal on the side of the scoop.

It is close but does clear with 1" spacer.

Cage for safety as this is what it makes for power now.

30x10.5 radial slicks and quarter guards to protect paint.

New fuel system. A1000 pump, -10 suction and -8 return lines. Sump built into stock tank. There is a tube inside the tank on the return side so it is not returning right beside the draw line.

Battery in the trunk.

RMS Street Lynx in the rear

Many have asked me why I went away from the Pro Touring theme to race. Couple of reasons. The TKO600 did not work out as I had planned so the car wasn't gonna be used for road trips as I planned. Also I am a racer at heart. I have more fun at the track then at any show. Yeah it's a nice car and many say too nice to race, but it's what I want to do and I enjoy it 1/4 mile at a time.

Anything I have done can easily be undone if I ever decide to go back to a more stock cruiser type car. Chances are that won't happen though. LOL.

That's looking so good! Love the fact that you've gone the drag racing route. I`ve heard the to nice to race comment as well. I just say " That's why they make cleaners and polish, and when that doesn't work anymore I can always get more paint". You've done an awesome job! Enjoy the summer at the track!

0632.jpg

First, this is the single most beautiful car I have seen in a very long time. Kudos for seeing this vision come to reality. Can I ask where you got those kick panels? They look great.

Btw, that "too nice to race" thing is crap. As long as you keep it off the wall it will polish up nice after you wipe the track with those other guys. Cars like yours are inspiring. I bought my car with the intent of auto crossing it no matter how nice it does or does not get. (non-competitively auto cross but just for fun.) It may not handle like a Miata but I'll look cooler and have just as much fun as that Miata driver. :)

Thanks for sharing your build.

Auto Transport Service
Back