• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 71 Charger 500 becomes a SuperBee clone!

Those are hand built and wrapped in vinyl. Lots of time spent to make those.

Wookie, where did the Kick panel speaker enclosures come from? Did you buy them or are they custom-built?

Used old stock ones as a template and hand built with fiberglass and body filler then wrapped in vinyl. Lots of time into the fab work on those.

Thank you. They look great! Your epic build was an inspiration and a source of ideas for me when I was working on my car a couple of years ago!

I read the original specs for the engine and I see the new dyno numbers and I can't believe the new valve covers account for ALL of the new horsepower. I am guessing maybe its a new top end across the board?

Yes the motor build is much different than the original. Only the block, crank and Rod's remain from the first build. The original build in short had to come apart. Without going into details, the engine has been apart twice now and I'm hoping third times a charm. Research who is doing your building is my best advise. Expensive lesson I've learned.

Hood is all finished. Have about 1/8" clearance between hood and air cleaner. It's tight, but it clears. Have a few ideas to gain more if I need.

Last edited:
The car has really taken shape but like all projects it has been a fight all the way. I've cursed it. Threatened to burn it to the ground at times. Some days things go together easy, but most are a struggle to the bitter end. I guess every hobby has its challenges.
I can appreciate anyone who puts work into these classics. The time, $ and effort that goes into a car is more than anybody wants to admit. The passion is what drives a gear head.

Just curious to why the TKO did not work out. I was looking to use one for my build and would like to know what issues I might have to address before I get too far into it.

You need to cut the tunnel to get the correct driveline angle. It will vibrate if you don't. Trust me. I tried everything. I didn't want to cut my tunnel and I've been racing anyway. So the pro touring went out the window.

Installed a new shift light and an MSD 7AL3. Putting the finishing touches on the motorplate and vac pump setup. Also built an air pan to seal to the hood. Still have more testing to do with it. So far it seems to make things worse, but I haven't had enough track time to confirm that.

Auto Transport Service
Back