The Bee in the Barn

F4R/T

Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
Honestly you may take a different approach... no guarantees but worth a shot... Offer to help get it to a safer spot or secure the structure enough to preserve the car... Then while your at it show them / prove to them you will take it and save it.. I’m sure if you show them your not a flipper per se’ that you are willing to keep it you’ll get it. I’m trying to be optimistic as possible. Such a cool car I’d love to have it.. my stable is full. Good luck and keep us posted!

Fury 440

Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
There's a guy like that close to me. No money, only has his cars. Enjoys telling people "not for sale, I'll get to it one day..." He has been / can be friendly to me, other times not so much.
Fair collection of Mopar street and vintage drag cars, ( most in disrepair ) including what I think is John Petries Cuda that once ran with an injected Hemi. "Who's John Petrie?" he asks me. Unreal.

3910a8cfaa90be30b390bc5cc3ff75be.jpg

Last edited:

66ChargerHI-PO

Local time
Reaction score
Just keep on stopping by and ask if their ready to sell. I bet you will get it.

That's me with the tractor I'm trying to buy, I stop by about 4 times a year and keep giving them my phone number in case he ever wants to sell it.

66ChargerHI-PO

Local time
Reaction score
Honestly you may take a different approach... no guarantees but worth a shot... Offer to help get it to a safer spot or secure the structure enough to preserve the car... Then while your at it show them / prove to them you will take it and save it.. I’m sure if you show them your not a flipper per se’ that you are willing to keep it you’ll get it. I’m trying to be optimistic as possible. Such a cool car I’d love to have it.. my stable is full. Good luck and keep us posted!

That's me with another tractor I'm planning to buy, I told the owner at first I would leave it alone and get it running then I told him I would restore it. He wanted $300, I told him I wanted to be at $250 and he was adamant with $300, so I offered him in the middle at $275 and he said yes. i still have yet to pick it up, but that will happen probably in spring

65-440

Local time
11:58 AM
Reaction score
Hey, at least they put a shirt over the carb.... should be nice and clean inside!! ..... it is a cool car though, sucks to see it like that

GrabberOrange69

Local time
6:58 AM
Reaction score
Awesome cool find! Love the color and a 4sp!

Just keep gentle contact 2-3 times a year. A friend of mine did just that, and after 6 years, a 2 owner 68 1/2 428CJ Mustang finally came home to his garage.

Last edited:

Beeorange

Local time
Reaction score
Crying shame for sure. If they can’t afford a decent place to store it, unfortunately they most likely can’t afford to restore it. Gentle and respectful semi-constant pressure may pry it lose. I call it politely pushy Bought a few this way over the years. Keep stopping by, you may get to hear some cool stories about it and the good old days.

Good luck!

67charger383

Local time
Reaction score
This poor Bee has been sitting since 1976... condition is horrible...made a strong offer but the family still believes they will fix it up someday!

View attachment 1211600 View attachment 1211601 View attachment 1211602 View attachment 1211605 View attachment 1211606 View attachment 1211608 View attachment 1211609
ugh thats it. thats the dream '70 bee...

Offer to help clean it up for them and move the boards that are going to crush it.

...Or tell me where it is :D

Super Rob

Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
Sad, was a very appealing car once. Blue on blue, white C-Stripe, Ramcharger, 4-Speed, Axle-Package...

moparedtn

Ed on the Ridge
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
There's a whole lot of stupid in this world anymore - some of it in control of cool stuff.
Heartbreaking for sure - but as my dad used to say, "...can't fix 'em, illegal to shoot 'em". :)

matthon

Local time
Reaction score
I'll ask if they're looking for any parts, or have any to swap.

Eugene Conforti

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
Did you ever bring the cash offer over to him and put it under his nose ? Sometimes that changes the whole situation, as cash talks! Just a thought as it is a shame to see that Bee rot away.

Dave6T4

Local time
Reaction score
There's a guy like that close to me. No money, only has his cars. Enjoys telling people "not for sale, I'll get to it one day..." He has been / can be friendly to me, other times not so much.
Fair collection of Mopar street and vintage drag cars, ( most in disrepair ) including what I think is John Petries Cuda that once ran with an injected Hemi. "Who's John Petrie?" he asks me. Unreal.

View attachment 1211682
St. Thomas Raceway at Sparta in that picture. I only live about 6 miles away. A local guy owns and has restored the Challenger to race appearance.

Fury 440

Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I've seen the Challenger and it look's GREAT. I'm not 100% sure if the car this guy close to me is Johns old car, but I live in the area, knew the car from years ago, and the back story seems to check out. If it is Petries Car, I imagine a lot of people would be very interested. Trouble is, the guy who has it is, well...
St. Thomas Raceway at Sparta in that picture. I only live about 6 miles away. A local guy owns and has restored the Challenger to race appearance.

Dave6T4

Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I've seen the Challenger and it look's GREAT. I'm not 100% sure if the car this guy close to me is Johns old car, but I live in the area, knew the car from years ago, and the back story seems to check out. If it is Petries Car, I imagine a lot of people would be very interested. Trouble is, the guy who has it is, well...
Supercar Collectibles sells a 1/18 die cast model of John's 1969 SuperBee race car.