• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BLOCK, by Muscle Motors

A high content of nickel
I'm glad to hear that if it is accurate.
Originally they were touting a higher % of copper than usual, saying that would aid in cooling. I was concerned that additional copper could cause strength issues from a materials used-not design standpoint.
Looks great!
I haven't figured out why Muscle Motors didn't keep these "in house"? In other words why they didn't sell something that they developed and put out the big announcement, including in Mopar Collectors Guide magazine.
I'm sure I'm missing something if anyone can clue me in....

Glad to see they have got things rolling along:thumbsup: I could not get enough straight facts to make my decision so I went with a Keith Black aluminum block.

just came across this thread after using search term “barton”.

cool to see new 440/hemi block. would be fun to build a mopar big block at home.

watermelon

stig eating popcorn.gif

Looks great .
Question is whether there will be more available ?
I am in the market for a new block RB with 4.500 bore
Who would be best to contact ?
Thanks

Tex

Heads up for anyone looking to buy a block or engine from Muscle Motors....We put 10grand down for a Hemi in January of 2017. Over the phone Mike told us he had blocks in hand. Once we got to their shop to check things out he then changed his story and said he had blocks on order. He spec'd us a 426 based Hemi and had no problems taking the money down. Here it is August 2018 and we still have no engine.

Heads up for anyone looking to buy a block or engine from Muscle Motors....We put 10grand down for a Hemi in January of 2017. Over the phone Mike told us he had blocks in hand. Once we got to their shop to check things out he then changed his story and said he had blocks on order. He spec'd us a 426 based Hemi and had no problems taking the money down. Here it is August 2018 and we still have no engine.
Didn’t they close up shop?

whats the latest gunters96lt1?

did their facebook posting make you feel ok? or did you pay another visit to them?

watermelon

I will post the final tune results of the dyno #s when its back on the dyno after the headers are built and with the new Quick Fuel 1050 carb, we ordered for it... magic # should be around 800 plus hp from what it dyno @ with a shitty set of headers on and the carb I had on it (Holley 2circuit 1050) .. tried a DragRace Quick Fuel 1050 on it as a swap and picked up 35hp without even tunning it..losing some hp as the motor was built for NOS... hang tight we are getting there
if your budget allows check out the Gen 3 Holley Dominator truly a badass setup

Auto Transport Service
Back