• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Curse Of Oak Island

I really like this show. I will watch it till either they find something, or some answers, or the show is cancelled. The reason why, is, I remember reading the story in Readers Digest- the same story that the brothers read. Many years ago. No way they could fake all of it. And there is or at least was something there that was valuable enough to do something that elaborate.
This show, like Street Outlaws, generates more money than probably any of us comprehend. Much more than the cost of the excavations. No doubt there is a lot of hype to keep the viewers attention . So what else you going to watch ? One or more of several stupid automotive orientated shows...I'm sick of them. ...................................MO

The reason why, is, I remember reading the story in Readers Digest- the same story that the brothers read. MO
I read the story too, one of the most fascinating stories I’ve read.

Sad thing is that they don’t find nothing this time either or else it would’ve been in the news.

Sad thing is that they don’t find nothing this time either or else it would’ve been in the news.

I thought so too. Could there be enough "security" within the TV network to delay the news for the viewers?

I thought so too. Could there be enough "security" within the TV network to delay the news for the viewers?
I don’t think so, one show, Gold Rush, found millions worth of gold, it was in the news before the show aired.

I don’t think so, one show, Gold Rush, found millions worth of gold, it was in the news before the show aired.
Didn't know that.

I wouldn't think it would be possible to "hide" news like that anyway.

Watched it a few times, then lost track of it for a year or 2 or 3. Not much changed? They spent years talking about digging, planning the digging, dug a little hole then season over. Yawn.
Trees grow faster, my grandson (2) will be shaving before they find another piece of wood.

The show has really only 5 minutes of action per episode. The opening credits take several minutes and the meat of the show is all fake drama and no action. Each commercial break is a cliffhanger, then once the commercial break is over, they have to spend the next three minutes recapping what they went over before the commercial break......in which they found nothing. Once the recapping is done, the cliffhanger turns out to be a big fat nothing burger.

After 2 seasons, I was done.

it was a good read back then but all good stories come to a end ,this is one that is dragging on :popcorn::realcrazy::poke:

I'll watch anyway but you could miss 2-3 weeks and not miss anything what with all the re-capping.

It is simply a "Clever Platform" for these guys to get paid....
Nothing else
nothing more
"We" are the suckers along with the "sponsors" ......
I gave up last year.....

I'm with most of you all here. I watched and watched recap after recap. It was interesting for the first season, learned something I did not know about. Tried second season but did not get any better. If something is found I will know within an hour or so just sitting here on FBBO.

Here's something to consider, like most of these "reality" shows episodes of Oak Island are recorded a year ahead of showing. If something of significance were discovered we would have seen it in the news by now.

Pops, glad you posted - I've been waiting for it to come back on and see what happens.

There has been some interesting things found around the island and in the vicinity and yes, there's the drama and the BS - but since the TV producers are convinced that everyone out here in TV land loves drama, even in the car tech shows, they just can't stop.....

Pops, glad you posted - I've been waiting for it to come back on and see what happens.

There has been some interesting things found around the island and in the vicinity and yes, there's the drama and the BS - but since the TV producers are convinced that everyone out here in TV land loves drama, even in the car tech shows, they just can't stop.....

And what they found was trinkets. They would have found more if they combed the island's shoreline with a metal detector.

I tuned into BET last nite because the title looked Okay.
I watched 3 minutes of the program and then the commercials come and just kept coming.
back to the program and 4 minutes of program. This time I counted the commercials one every 10 seconds for a total of 47.
nearly 8 minutes of crap. I said F it and changed the channel.
I am also paying $70 + to watch crap commercials. And repeats of what I just saw 8 minutes ago.
Too bad winter is coming and not much to do outside.
No matter what station you are watching, unless it's PBS the commercials are always on at the same time on every channel.

I kinda liked the history of it,especially FDR being in on it.

Here's something to consider, like most of these "reality" shows episodes of Oak Island are recorded a year ahead of showing. If something of significance were discovered we would have seen it in the news by now.
That's what I have thought many times, but i keep hoping. I would like to know " the rest of the story" . With all those advertisements and the popularity of the show, that is some big money being generated . If you were getting a share of the money, , would you not want this program to go on for as long as you could milk it? No doubt in my mind, there either was, or is , something of value at the bottom of the pit that was told about in Readers Digest. If it is not there, how the hell did anyone get to it? You all have DVR so why not do as I do and fast forward the commercials?
The mystery is--what is really going on with this show???...............................MO

New show called the curse of civil war gold starting March 6th.

Another one coming called the curse of Hillary’s missing emails. :D

The last episode hinted as to what they found.....Information....thats it...

The guy Samuel Ball.....I bet, found everything......

Auto Transport Service
Back