• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Death of the Small Town Chrysler Dealer

Most of them closed around here in ‘08 with the government sale to Fiat.

Thanks for sharing, that was great. I still have the clock, parts books, misc signs and memories I was able to score from the attic of one of the dealers I worked at long ago.

The one in my town is still going, after being opened in the 1920s. At current location since 1964.

F344407A-7895-4831-80E5-DF04B7E01360.jpeg

We just had a local one celebrate 100years of Dodge sales , Seiver Brothers, in Il. After the big deal they sold and retired. It was sad but it was time . Now the dealership was renamed and moved to another town.

Over here, I'd seen numerous smaller ( USA ) dealerships close operations in the Great Recession. And, now all you have is these You-Name-The-Brand-We -Have-It mega-dealerships with their humongous castles built to sell cars.

We have one in a small town nearby that keeps his building up and his sales numbers as well. So far his doors are still open.

Thought they all vanished in '08, but there's still some going strong.
DSC_4454.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back