• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Gas Monkey is trying to " Move on up."

Sounds like a new role for BaT too - internet auctions of an entire collection.

With the car market not too far from its peak and a recession looming (or active) it might be a smart move to unload while ya can.

You've seen the Lioness.
You've seen the Tigress.
Now step right up and I'll show you the Egress......

Difference is *** Monkey doesn't love the cars, they're just a commodity.

He’s been watching too many of those BAT auctions.

thanks @Ghostrider 67
Seems all these guys/gals sell & rebuild
start a new collection, sooner or later
Ron Pratt & John Staluppi (spell), GM Historic Collection
that Tammy (? lady) on Mecum & BJ actions
even Rich Hendricks or others, do it too

I'd like to have his money

Last edited:
RR was on the Joe Rogan podcast awhile back.
He seemed way more interested in pushing his new line of tequila than talking about cars.
Just what the world needs, more over priced designer booze.

With the car market not too far from its peak and a recession looming (or active) it might be a smart move to unload while ya can.
If your here for the money it's best if you already sold... Or at least very soon... You can probably buy it back next year for forty cents on the dollar... I wasn't smart enough to do that the last three times, this time won't be any different.... Well, it'll probably be worse, much worse... But I'll still keep my cars...

I was in Dallas last week. Made it a point to stop by and see the Gas Monkey complex. Say what you want, RR has done OK for himself. They were filming the day I was there so no visits inside the shop.

The gift shop was pretty cool by itself. Yes, I bought an overpriced t shirt as a memento of the visit.

D

PXL_20220812_152123326.jpg

PXL_20220812_153439671.jpg

I watched the episode with Sturgis as I have been driving by that station for decades. It had a big name brand, Standard sounds right, and then it changed hands from time to time. The last one before Gas Monkey appeared to be a progressive small town shop that worked on cars and bikes. I only drove by, but their gas prices were competitive and they had an av gas pump. I paid attention to it as there was usually an interesting car in the customer car area.

Rawlins came in and said: $200K. He put in a lot of new equipment, but he always throws stuff away instead of selling or keeping good equipment. As soon as they say yes, he's ready to start tossing and buying. He commissioned a sculpture for the property and I thought that was an extravagant thing to do with borrowed money.

They don't listen, but I tell the people on TV dealing with Rawlins to slow down, whittle down the list of equipment, see if any can be rented, then go talk to your banker with a conservative estimated total from auctioning your old equipment. A mini convenience store is a good idea, but trinkets for tourist is not.

Maybe they had a fire, I'll pull in the next time through and take pictures.

Auto Transport Service
Back