• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Imperial runs in the 7’s & gets a new trailer

cbodybob

Local time
7:59 AM
Reaction score
I purchased this 2019 steel deck trailer just to haul the Imperial on. We also did another test & tune & the car had a best 60 foot of 1.59 & two back to back sub 8 second passes & we haven’t yet turned the wick all the way up

9EE8696B-A71C-4096-A23B-4E3BAE327891.jpeg

B993AF78-C297-4AB7-97D1-9004CCFC8FB6.jpeg

Happy to see someone is having fun! Good for you. Another week here yet for the track at Beaver Springs to open. Hoping to get there for a T&T. ruffcut

Nice trailer & nice passes :thumbsup: congrats

I assume, because
I can't hardly even read the crumbled-up time slip posted

should be fun anyway
that's what it's all about

my morbid curiosity
I'm sort of curious what did it run originally ?
'the incrementals' at the 60', 330', 660' (1/4 mile)
when the former owner's 'record-setting pass/es'

(wasn't this a former class record-setting car ?, I thought I remembered seeing that)

what is the final plan for the car ?
what do you plan for it, what do you want to run ?
you still going to run (what was it ?) Stock class ?
or going in a completely different direction ?

again I'm just curious

Last edited:
Nice trailer & nice passes :thumbsup: congrats

I assume, because
I can't hardly even read the crumbled-up time slip posted

should be fun anyway
that's what it's all about

my morbid curiosity
I'm sort of curious what did it run originally ?
'the incrementals' at the 60', 330', 660' (1/4 mile)
when the former owner's 'record-setting pass/es'

(wasn't this a former class record-setting car ?, I thought I remembered seeing that)

what is the final plan for the car ?
what do you plan for it, what do you want to run ?
you still going to run (what was it ?) Stock class ?
or going in a completely different direction ?

again I'm just curious
As for it being a record setting car I think there was a misunderstanding. The car set it’s personal best or the class best. I’ve not seen any evidence of a class best so I’m thinking it was the cars best. And I think that happened at the baby Gators in Flordia 20 or 21. Not sure. I need to find out. I do know the car was hit with 90 pounds. The index was lowered & I understood it to be this car, but I likely missunderstood. I text with the previous owner regularly. He’s come out to watch. In fact he was there last night with his Mirada but a fuel leak & never unloaded it. I’ll talk with him some more about all that stuff. He continues to tell me the car is competitive. Only one way to find out.
Plans for the car…
Short term
I plan to have it at the Mopars at the Rock event April 8th with David driving. We worked out an agreement. It’s confidential.
further testing after that & maybe one ot two more specific events. After that I plan to remove the bench seat & install a pair of race seat per stock eliminator rules. May have a cage installed too. I spoke on the phone with one of the tech inspectors. A guy named Jim I believe, from Jersey. Got the skinny from him on what was proper. Im still planning on attending a NHRA Divisional with it but I just cant say when that will happen because I don’t know myself, but basically plans are for that direction even if its with the Carolina Class Racers. Will I be a regular on the NHRA tour ? No. Will I pick & choose a race or two…possible.

:thumbsup: :thankyou:

did you get any books/logs or old time slips ?
you can compare your new combo against their's
to see if the stuff actually improves it, when it was competitive
or before the weight penalty

I know I'm a PITA, it's just curiosity, not trying to bust your balls
just want to know incremental/s of what it should (or did) run,
vs what it does run

no big deal,
as you know, drag racing is all about the #'s
people always want to know the #'s

have fun, good luck too

Last edited:
Yea it’s a J body. I know. I’ll stop posting over here. I just get carried away. I’m still working on FURYIOUS & it’s a late B body.

Yea it’s a J body. I know. I’ll stop posting over here. I just get carried away. I’m still working on FURYIOUS & it’s a late B body.
No keep posting it...
I'm not saying that at all...
I enjoy seeing it, reading about them
I'm sure others all do too

It's a MoPar, I think everyone like seeing that

Just curious about #s

:thumbsup: :thankyou:

did you get any books/logs or old time slips ?
you can compare your new combo against their's
to see if the stuff actually improves it, when it was competitive
or before the weight penalty

I know I'm a PITA, it's just curiosity, not trying to bust your balls
just want to know incremental/s of what it should (or did) run,
vs what it does run

no big deal,
as you know, drag racing is all about the #'s
people always want to know the #'s

have fun, good luck too
No I didn’t get any of that. I’m not sure why. I think a lot of these guys are protective of their combinations. I will say he’s been quite helpful when I have reached out to him. He’s invited me to come hang out in his pit when he’s running the Mirada. And I plan to take him up on that. As far as not posting I wasn’t directing that at you just figured I’d better follow the group rules. Oh I called a buddy of mine who knows this car well. He thinks I got confused on record holding vs under the index. This car runs well under the index I’m told & he thinks I mistakenly thought that meant it was the class leader. He said he’s not aware of it setting a class record, but it does run really good.

Keep posting on the Imperial. Don't stop. Probably my favorite post B Body era car.

Congrats on the 2 runs Bob,and please keep posting on the bad *** Inperial . :thumbsup:

YES! Keep posting on this forum. It's a cool car and we are "invested" in its progress.
Well unfortunately Rockingham was rained out. Don’t currently have anything planed for it. I may take it out to a TNT & mount a camera in it & drive it as David is going to be busy helping a buddy with his index car as they have to make 4 races out of the 6 to qualify for the points championship race. It’s a 5.90 class & they are a bit slow so they gotta find some power. So there won’t be much happening with the Imperial for a while. I’m so damn rusty as a driver ill be lucky to win a round

Auto Transport Service
Back