• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Meme not a Meme Thread Part DEUX

Does anyone recall why this thread is
"Part DEUX"? You know?...what happened to the prior Meme thread and why?

This is actually the third meme thread.

E48B0FF5-F183-4562-928F-6160D13C15DC.jpeg

Does anyone recall why this thread is
"Part DEUX"? You know?...what happened to the prior Meme thread and why?

Because the OP is French?

All I know is that I was told that this thread, with over 3,000 silly pictures has a 'secret meaning' and that since I don't hang with the cool kids, I don't get the decoder ring.

1706029173889.png

Oh great! I had 3 posts deleted. Now I have self-report me to The Canadian Non-Offensive Counsel, and suffer their wrath. THe Canadian Apologetic Authourity might well be involved also. There is a lot of oversight to ensure we Canadians remain bland and inoffensive. I pray this post is not overly political.

Oh great! I had 3 posts deleted. Now I have self-report me to The Canadian Non-Offensive Counsel, and suffer their wrath. THe Canadian Apologetic Authourity might well be involved also. There is a lot of oversight to ensure we Canadians remain bland and inoffensive. I pray this post is not overly political.
Canadian Riot.jpg

I've asked before but it might save everyone some time and hassle if the management could simply post some set rules for memes.
Having memes deleted with the explanation of " not appropriate..." always leaves me wondering which ones they were.
I've toned it down a over the years and thought I was behaving?
When mods have posted lots of "questionable" content themselves deleting stuff seems to be subject to one person or another's mood or personal interpretation...

I also wonder specifically which ones of mine were dumped.
I do understand that I am but ONE of the thousands of members here so it may be too much to ask for special treatment.
Moderators would surely understand that it could help a member to know which meme that was posted was unacceptable so it does not get posted again in the same forum.
I don't know how everyone else finds memes to post but I'll tell you how I do it.
While surfing around online, I find some on other sites and either directly copy and come here to paste OR if I happen upon a series of good ones, I'll store them on the computer and then post several in a row.
I like knowing that I shared a joke that made someone laugh. Some of the memes are my own creations, most are just copied from somewhere online.
Just like humor itself, some find memes to be a great source of entertainment. Some don't have the sense of humor to appreciate them.
My understanding HERE has been that since this is the GENERAL forum, there can be NO language that is also NOT allowed on regular TV or radio, no nudity, nothing political though it seems like something NON partisan should appeal to both sides equally, (my opinion) Nothing blatantly hateful or outright disgusting.
Maybe the "rules" are intentionally not specified because it can be hard to define. Maybe it is meant to be left up to the judgement of those trusted to be staff members and as such, what offends one may not bother another?
Carry on...

my mother will freely admit she can't boil water in a microwave. She's...not exactly a spectacular chef.

I thought Hamburger Helper was a food group when I was growing up. It's amazing I don't have some sort of chronic issue like diabetes, or high cholesterol, or hypertension, or anything fun like that, considering the amount of that crap I was fed during my "formative" years....

I've asked before but it might save everyone some time and hassle if the management could simply post some set rules for memes.
Having memes deleted with the explanation of " not appropriate..." always leaves me wondering which ones they were.
I've toned it down a over the years and thought I was behaving?
When mods have posted lots of "questionable" content themselves deleting stuff seems to be subject to one person or another's mood or personal interpretation...
I had five memes of my own deleted last night......and I was the one who did it.

OK...it's out in the open - it was me.

Rules include the following but are not limited to - anything involving scantily clad women ('cause nobody posts pics of nude dudes right), political or politically connected content, posts of pictures of anything to do with people who run media organisations in such a way to cause offense, use of profanity whether pictured or typed, anything that you wouldn't be comfortable sharing with your grandmother, young children or preacher.

There are ample sections in the site to post the content which includes any of the above-mentioned criteria. Some people choose to either not bother looking where they post, do it for a reaction, or just don't care.

This is not done for fun. Why would someone stick their neck out to tidy the site up knowing full well that the haters will be out in droves?

The last meme thread was deleted completely because it was absolutely full of inappropriate content that had been let go a bit, and it became an absolute nightmare to deal with. All this stuff is available online if you search for it.

The Mods do not take delight in doing this, but if members cannot control themselves, then we have to act. Nobody signs up as a Mod just to go about thinking it's all about banning people or wiping threads out.

Seriously.....please take care where and what you post and have a little respect for those who still have an innocent outlook on life. :poke:

Here endeth the lecture. :rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back