• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Roach

Been there,done that!

20190930_151917.jpg

20190930_151930.jpg

20191014_151503.jpg

20220821_162058 (1).jpg

I got him covered!

The saga of the roof skin is now over. I picked up the 3rd skin in CT this morning (undamaged!!!) and delivered it to Pete on my way back home. Had Pete not stepped forward and loaned me his, my car would not be as far along as it is now.

Many thanks Pete!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pete has weird hair but is totally cool.

I was glad to be able to help with the project! I didn't want to see the body guy put the project on the back burner,when I had the part leaning against the back wall of the garage! I'll go back to exfoliating my hair now!

Just a be little progress over the last couple of weeks due to a couple other small projects that came in.

IMG_0560.jpeg

IMG_0557.jpeg

IMG_0558.jpeg

Pulling out a dent in the bottom of the rocker.

IMG_0559.jpeg

Last edited:
Latest progress ….

Repaired a dent in the left side rocker.

IMG_1040.jpeg

Pass through in the frame connector for the emergency brake cable.
IMG_1041.jpeg

Dutchman panel and support panel welded in place.

IMG_1048.jpeg

Just went back to date you started is it moving faster or slower then you anticipated?

Just went back to date you started is it moving faster or slower then you anticipated?

It's definitely moving slower. I was originally anticipating that the car would go in the shop in the late summer and I would get the car back before the snow flies. Now it looks like I'll get it back in a couple months. Because we spend so much time up at the lake from May-October, I'll probably have it finished up later on this year.

I've done a grand total of one dutchman and found out the hard way that the deck lid needs to be on the car to get it right.
Opps.
It was an up and down problem relative to the deck lid edge.
Not a forward/aft issue.
That's a fixed thing.
Had to go back and move the support lip under the dutchman aft edge.
The supports were not ever changed

1712837879508.jpeg

Curious.
I don't recall this being an available part.
Is it? Maybe it is.
I'm fuzzy on the part.
ttunk 2.jpg

I've done a grand total of one dutchman and found out the hard way that the deck lid needs to be on the car to get it right.
Opps.
It was an up and down problem relative to the deck lid edge.
Not a forward/aft issue.
That's a fixed thing.
Had to go back and move the support lip under the dutchman aft edge.
The supports were not ever changed

.View attachment 1644746

Curious.
I don't recall this being an available part.
Is it? Maybe it is.
I'm fuzzy on the part.
View attachment 1644747

That is part of the Dutchman panel.

So, it's taking "longer" than you thought to finish it? :D
In another 30 years, swing low sweet Chariot.
"The Dutchman's not the kind of man that keeps his thumb jammed in the dam that holds his dreams in. But that's a secret that only Margret knows"
Steve Goodman.

That is part of the Dutchman panel.

The reason I asked about that elbow is that when I started during Covid parts from Taiwan were looking dicey and I was grabbing everything I could.
I was also trying to save as much original metal as could.
That "elbow" is part of the trunk gutter, I'm pretty sure.
The part that the upper trunk gutter goes on is part of the quarter which was not available to me.
So I had to fabricate things.
Unless I'm wrong, It sure looks like your body man did the same thing.
And I was curious if now that section might be available separately.
With the recent earthquake in Taiwan (and the China situation that the experts are talking about) I'm also wondering about everything else.
I just got a "Standard" brand light switch sourced from Taiwan.

dutchman.pngtrunk gutter.jpg

Last edited:
I thought about modification to the top quarter fill, but the trunk pan would have been a head scratcher too.

Auto Transport Service
Back