• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Roach

Another pile of goodies is growing.

IMG_1648.jpeg

IMG_1649.jpeg

I would guess it's a dutch panel. He's going to make the Mrs. wrap the boxes up and put bows on them ,so he can open them up on Christmas morning! Lol. Those seats look familiar!

I would guess it's a dutch panel. He's going to make the Mrs. wrap the boxes up and put bows on them ,so he can open them up on Christmas morning! Lol. Those seats look familiar!

I have the Dutch panel already along with a trunk floor.

Cool project. Love the pinstripe on the 70's. I will be following as I am doing a similar build with my 68 Charger :6.4 GenIII, TKX. I was going to go with Altercation but have not bought it yet. Any reason you went with QA1 over RMS? My car was originally yellow but I'm going with QQ1.

Also, you mentioned sending parts out for blasting. Do you have a sand blaster around here (I am in MA too). I have been looking for one for my Roadrunner project.

Keep the updates coming. Going to be a great car.

My 70 Charger R/T V code 440 Sixpack car came with the pinstripes from the factory.

20210925_145203.jpg

20210514_193135.jpg

Last edited:
Cool project. Love the pinstripe on the 70's. I will be following as I am doing a similar build with my 68 Charger :6.4 GenIII, TKX. I was going to go with Altercation but have not bought it yet. Any reason you went with QA1 over RMS? My car was originally yellow but I'm going with QQ1.

Also, you mentioned sending parts out for blasting. Do you have a sand blaster around here (I am in MA too). I have been looking for one for my Roadrunner project.

Keep the updates coming. Going to be a great car.

I have the RMS set up on my Cuda and it's fine. Bouchillon said that I'll like the QA1 set up better, so I went with their recommendation.

General Sandblasting in West Bridgewater is where I sent the parts to.

Nice!
Thanks for the suggestions on QA1 and the blaster. I will check out the QA1 setup. I have a friend with their control arms on his 70 Superbee and he is happy with the quality. I think RMS and QA1 are the same price. I know for sure I wont go with the other MF one.

Your shop is so clean. Mine is a mess right now, been cutting, welding, and grinding on my RR.
20230424_010710.jpg

70 Charger R/T V code 440 Sixpack car
Your 70 Charger reminds me of a friend of mine named Eugene Wallace Wadenfuel (not certain of the last name spelling) may he rest in peace, going WAY back to me at 15, 16 years old and he was a year younger. Even at 16 I was 6' plus over 200# and used to call him "small Euge" 'cause he was shorter and skinny as a rail and I... wasn't, plus it was a play on words (small huge) Anyway, he had the bronze color 70 Charger R/T and it was a 440 car he added a factory 6bbl to. I got my 71 R/T Charger at 16, and Eugene loved it. Unfortunately money and lack of mechanical abilities, but mostly money, kept Eugene's Charger stationary under his carport. I know Budweisers and Marlboros were not optional on his "necessities" list, and I'm pretty sure that's what killed him. The yellow eyes were a definite sign.
Anyway, Eugene was as true blue a MOPAR fan as ever was, and it saddenes me that with a car like he had, and I know he tried to make up for the lack of money with heart, but it saddens me that most of his "car fun" was limited to other people's MOPARS, like mine.
I really wish he would have lived long enough to ride with me in my 70 V-code Roadrunner I have now...Heck, I think he would have skipped a few Budweisers one morning long enough I would have let him drive it.

I'm excited for you RC The Great...
I may have missed it if you posted, but what's the ETA from parts to driving?

I'm excited for you RC The Great...
I may have missed it if you posted, but what's the ETA from parts to driving?

I have to call the body man in early August to see when he can take it. I'm hoping that I can bring it to him in late August-early September and get it back by the end of the year. That'll give me all winter to work on it. Hopefully, it'll be drivable this time next year ...but we'll have to see how everything goes.

Auto Transport Service
Back