• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Roach

Pulled off the rear inner front fender shields and this is what came out.

IMG_0935.jpg

Isn't someone making a wheel that looks like those hub caps now?

You should package that debris up. Sell as vintage, NOS, numbers matching, date coded material:lol:

Nice RC

I look forward to reading the process

I know you do it justice too

Popcorn The Stig Eating.gif

...Which is what my wife named it when she first laid eyes on it. The game plan for this project (and a half) is to install a 6.4 Hemi & 5 speed.

Before....
View attachment 1437279

Today....
View attachment 1437280
"Roach" because of that color?

Doesn't have high back buckets? Your car is an XH29? Also, because I always have to ask, did you send the VIN to Don at the 1970 Dodge Charger Registry? @Dodge Don
T.I.A.

Looks like all of the windows are not tinted; including the windshield (not Solex)?

Broadcast Sheet in the car?

Congratulations on this acquisition and project mods!

Last edited:
Thanks! The other rot spots are the passenger footwell, Dutchman panel, a small spot in the roof and another small spot under the battery tray. I’m going to keep the car stock looking and my goal is to make it purple and white like this….

View attachment 1437508
Without the 6 pack hood scoops on the doors and no stripes!
:p

Needs slotted wheels instead. :)
@Kern Dog has damn nice looking wheels on his car!

Yeah, the purple and white color combo definitely pops!

Took out the remaining parts from the interior & the last items to come out are the door release mechanisms, which I'll probably tackle tomorrow morning. I'm just waiting on the suspension stanchions to come in so I can then remove the front & rear suspensions.

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

Last edited:
Your rotted beaters that you start a project with are better then most of our cars!

Thanks. It's got a few "troubled" areas, but overall, it's a great starting point. The only exterior metal needing replacement is the dutchman panel.

Yeah, it looks pretty solid.

Auto Transport Service
Back