• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Roach

Considering how few remain and then how many of those might need fenders, I can understand their hesitancy to invest in the tooling.

It was all I could do to get AMD to make the front valence pan, even with an NOS one in hand for them to template the part from. They refuse to make fenders and hoods for 70 Chargers.

I know someone with a NOS pair and no, they’re not for sale.

My original grill was so dry and brittle it broke wherever I touched it.

Car, drivetrain, body work and paint, interior, ten thousand incidental parts. I get where your going. My last build had 10 thousand under the hood in 2010. Things just keep getting more stupid by the day. Makes my 65 feel like it was free.

Today I temporarily mounted the rear springs and 8 3/4 housing in place so I could locate the rear sway bar, then took it all back apart.

IMG_1993.jpeg

IMG_1992.jpeg

On a side note, when I was installing the axle U bolts, one nut would not go on. After trying to run a die on it, it still wouldn’t go. After futzing with it, I saw that it was a LH thread on one side of the U bolt. Time to call Mancini tomorrow.

Impressive speed on the project :thumbsup:
especially in parts ordering & collection :thumbsup:

git R' dun

Today I temporarily mounted the rear springs and 8 3/4 housing in place so I could locate the rear sway bar, then took it all back apart.

View attachment 1461708

View attachment 1461709

On a side note, when I was installing the axle U bolts, one nut would not go on. After trying to run a die on it, it still wouldn’t go. After futzing with it, I saw that it was a LH thread on one side of the U bolt. Time to call Mancini tomorrow.
What gear set are you going with, 323's. Nice sway bar!!

Sabotage!!!

While rotating the car today to release all the crap that's slid down the quarters, I came across this on the passenger's side rear wheel well ..........

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

Who did this is in the last 53 years is anyone's guess, but it was done purposely in a place that you couldn't see. You can barely see a couple punch holes from the inside the trunk and I would have never known what those bumps were if I didn't have it on the rotisserie. That now explains the surface rust on the inside of the quarter. :rolleyes:

IMG_2044.jpg

The car was obviously used for drive by shootings in St. Louis. LOL. Blood could be on your hands now, I'd sell it as is, parts included. We'll talk!!

Got the repro grille in this morning. Just have to put on a couple brackets on the back after get them out of the Evapo-rust and paint them. All told, does this look like $2500.00?

View attachment 1460581
I’m fortunate. Except for a couple of scrapes and dings, mine are in good shape.

View attachment 1460589
5 grand

View attachment 1461708

View attachment 1461709

I don't like the look of you're u bolts!! :eek:

Dent puller holes? Maybe the rear quarter panel was replaced at some point? Maybe some one did it so water would drain out? When my yellow Charger was new water got in the trunk from day one,after removing and resealing the rear window twice and putting a new trunk lid gasket on it three times, they removed the trunk floor plugs, which is why it still has its original trunk floor pan! Original trunk floor pans are unheard of in second generation Chargers in New England!

Dent puller holes? Maybe the rear quarter panel was replaced at some point? Maybe some one did it so water would drain out? When my yellow Charger was new water got in the trunk from day one,after removing and resealing the rear window twice and putting a new trunk lid gasket on it three times, they removed the trunk floor plugs, which is why it still has its original trunk floor pan! Original trunk floor pans are unheard of in second generation Chargers in New England!

It's an original paint car. The holes were punched from under the weelwell and are dimpled inward.

Auto Transport Service
Back