• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Youth" Of This Generation

I agree that the current "honda civic" generation of kids are terrible. The other day this kid comes up and says hey you still have your old dodge? come race my civic blah blah. H22 this v tech that, bullshit, I said sure" come to the track next spring". 7.2L vs 2.2L wonder how that will go.

All I have to say is F*** hondas, and anybody who likes them!!!!!

Wow, there seems to be a lot of pent up anger here cutting loose! Let me just say as for the fancied up rice burners, come out to the rural midwest and you won't see any. Trucks rule out here, even with the kids. Low to the ground four bangers with fat flat tires don't do so well in the snow, ice, mud, and gravel roads we have here.

And, as for kids today, let me make my rants. Look guys, there are plenty of good kids still out there. Unfortunately they get overlooked because they don't draw attention to themselves like the others. I just posted a few weeks ago an article on CNN about a 14 year old girl who is rebuilding a Pontiac Fiero. Yes, I agree that cell phone use and manners and other stuff has gotten out of hand. I blame that on parents. But, I know a lot of high school kids now who are a whole lot smarter and study tougher stuff than we did when I was in school. They have a lot of demands on them too.

And, finally, a note to Jacob who started this thread. Hang in there and don't get discouraged. Keep in mind that most of us guys have a lot more years under our belts, and we have had a lot of dissapointments too. Life doesn't turn out for anybody the way we want or expect it to. Each person deals with those dissapointments in different ways...sometimes it's not in good ways. And, sometimes they take it out on others. Just remember though, a lot of times life teaches you what not to do as much as it teaches you what to do. Use the bad experiences to know what not to do.

Wow, there seems to be a lot of pent up anger here cutting loose! Let me just say as for the fancied up rice burners, come out to the rural midwest and you won't see any. Trucks rule out here, even with the kids. Low to the ground four bangers with fat flat tires don't do so well in the snow, ice, mud, and gravel roads we have here.

And, as for kids today, let me make my rants. Look guys, there are plenty of good kids still out there. Unfortunately they get overlooked because they don't draw attention to themselves like the others. I just posted a few weeks ago an article on CNN about a 14 year old girl who is rebuilding a Pontiac Fiero. Yes, I agree that cell phone use and manners and other stuff has gotten out of hand. I blame that on parents. But, I know a lot of high school kids now who are a whole lot smarter and study tougher stuff than we did when I was in school. They have a lot of demands on them too.

And, finally, a note to Jacob who started this thread. Hang in there and don't get discouraged. Keep in mind that most of us guys have a lot more years under our belts, and we have had a lot of dissapointments too. Life doesn't turn out for anybody the way we want or expect it to. Each person deals with those dissapointments in different ways...sometimes it's not in good ways. And, sometimes they take it out on others. Just remember though, a lot of times life teaches you what not to do as much as it teaches you what to do. Use the bad experiences to know what not to do.

Well said.

While I agree that there are a lot of fat, lazy good for nothing kids running around in foreign crapmobiles that sound like chainsaws with bad mufflers, don't make the mistake of painting all of the kids of this generation with the same brush. Just as an example, my neighbors three teenage sons. These kids are polite, smart and respectful. I have hired them to work for me on several occasions and they are hard working, honest and can actually read, write and carry on an intelligent conversation. The difference is good parenting. Their parents are good role models. They are hard working and take care of their own family. They don't expect anyone else to do it for them. Just my 2 cents.

Kids today can't help being stupid most were raised bad.
Anytime my 15 year old son spends the night at some other kids house he comes home a different kid. He can't understand why he can't do what he wants to do like the other kids. I ground his *** and take his phone away after a couple of days he starts acting like my son again. These parents let the kids run the household. I feel like it is my job to make sure he becomes a productive citizen.

Skylines are nice, but a stock one isn't going to be pushing 700hp, more like close to 500hp (480 I think) ;) Also the R34's and earlier could only produce 276hp stock, the max allowed for japanese street cars at the time.
did you watch the link? its mean i want it

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that the current "honda civic" generation of kids are terrible. The other day this kid comes up and says hey you still have your old dodge? come race my civic blah blah. H22 this v tech that, bullshit, I said sure" come to the track next spring". 7.2L vs 2.2L wonder how that will go.

All I have to say is F*** hondas, and anybody who likes them!!!!!
V-tec= all the turbo lag you could ever want minus the turbo

the way i look at kids nowadays is that baby shouldnt be making babies, you have got 15,16, &17 year old kids with babies, with no job,no car, and no house they rely on there parents and the government. if they think there "responsible" enough to have a baby they have to be responsible enough to have a job a house and food on the table.

I couldn't agree more with all of it, we live in a world where consiquences are nearly a thing of the past and bad behavior is excepted as normal. Think about the message our children are getting now, borrow more money than you should= file bankrumpt, knock up a girl= goverment abortion, don't want to work= welfare, get laid off= endless unemployment it goes on forever. It's not just the kids, this country is screwed and until something MAJOR happens to wake everyone up I don't see it getting any better. Yes I agree about the spanking as well, I have a daughter who is a little angel and only has to be told what to do, my son on the other hand is different, he needs a little disapline. If I didn't he would likely be one of those kids "not happening". I had one of the most loving fathers growing up but if you didn't listen or disrespected our mother you got your *** beat, I look back on that and I say I'd of beat my *** too. Don't get me started on the cell phones, that pisses me off too, I have a couple friends that will sit at the table and text while your trying to talk.:angryfire:And last, I too can't stand the import car thing. It is absolutely impossible to reason with them, I had one tell me he didn't like muscle cars because they weren't even as fast as his import. I tried to explain the "no replacement for displacement theory" with no luck. He couldn't comprehend that more cubes meant more combustion = more power. All we can do is raise ours right and let them make asses out of the others.

I don't even know what a Skyline is. And I'm not going to look it up either.
dontcare.gif

Kids today can't help being stupid most were raised bad.
Anytime my 15 year old son spends the night at some other kids house he comes home a different kid. He can't understand why he can't do what he wants to do like the other kids. I ground his *** and take his phone away after a couple of days he starts acting like my son again. These parents let the kids run the household. I feel like it is my job to make sure he becomes a productive citizen.

It is. too many adults nowadays worrying about theirselves and not raising their kids. Good job maintaining your prioritys.

Our generation is bad... I keep myself busy so I don't have to deal with it. My parents know I'm a good kid and allow me to do what I want for the most part and I rarely got in trouble because I knew I would lose that privilege. As far as our cars go I hate hondas and most imports. I've become a mopar or no car kinda man with a few favorite cars I liked before, but there are too many mopars I want that I'd probably never own them.
Btw it's funny you mention the skyline my neighbor has an old POS that he is turning into a "drag car" he's got more money in his engine then I do and I've got like twice the hp and his is twin turbo'd. He saw my new engine and about crapped his pants.

I guess it's hard to parent a child when you are just a child. That being said, kids will generally live up to the expectations demanded of them. All of the video playing lazy asses will be working for the few kids today that are responsable. The lack of manners in todays society freaks me out. I was raised poor but with impeccable manners as my Mother believed good manners would open more doors than money, and she was right. I have never owned a Jap car because as n. georgia 66 said I grew up knowing the inhumane things they did to our soldiers.F*&% the Japs, the rice burners and the entitlement mind set.

Rusty: I was born on the day the Japanese surrendered. My Dad was a WWII vet. That was almost 70 years ago. That's a long time to carry a lot of hatred. Almost all of the participants of the great war have gone on to greener pastures. The generations since have become productive citizens. Do you want to be judged by the actions of your ancestors? I sure don't. What about Hitler? Should we boycott all German products because of what he did 70 years ago? We need to remember, but it's time to ease up on the hate.

Dave, it's not about carrying hate.....hell, maybe it is. It's about not forgetting. What if somebody does want to carry some hate? Or boycott German or Japanese products? Isn't that their right to do so?

Rusty: Absolutely. It is your right to think like you want to and live your life like you want to. I just don't want to have those feelings against the KIDS and GRANDKIDS of the folks who were responsible for Pearl Harbor and for the Holocost...

It is. too many adults nowadays worrying about theirselves and not raising their kids. Good job maintaining your prioritys.

I agree! Another thing is parents are more worried about being buddies with their kids instead of raising them. My wife's buddy is always dressing like her kid, talking like her kid and idolizes her kid.......Funny thing, her kid walks all over her, doesn't listen and is a spoiled rotten brat that ended up knocked up a couple months ago. She was over crying a river to my wife a couple weekends ago, complaining that she gives her daughter everything, she just don't understand it. I told her "try being a Parent for once" and deployed to the garage cause I didn't feel like dealing with someone's own self pity. Pretty sad/scary a lot of folks have no clue.

I think the whole idea of youth being dumber now than in the past is ridiculous. ask your parents and they'll reassure you that you were a damn fool back then.

regarding the jap cars, you go nuts about them spending $10k on a stereo, turbos and a rattle can and you yourself turn around and sink $30k into a 40 year old relic that cant turn, cant stop cant even drive in traffic without overheating inside of 20 min.

face it, fellas, we're all damn fools. Just fools with different opinions.

Meh, im 22, worked the same job since i was 17 because i was raised that if i want something I earn it. Never did anything wrong because of it. Kids get handed way to much these days.

As far as ricers go, 90% of hondas are just overpriced fart cans, but i do have friends that put real work into then and made something nice. Still wont beat my charger though. But a real propper built ricer does not sound like **** (very rare to find i admit). I like them for cornering and rally, and if you ever think a 4-cyl will never beat a 7.2. Go look at a 2004 Dodge SRT4.

Auto Transport Service
Back