• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tick Tock, the countdown to Friday has begun.

Kern Dog was one that a guy called me back in the 90s. It kind of followed me here and there.

Congratulations, that has to feel good! I envy those who love the grind because I can't wait until Fridays, Fridays are only 5 hours for me but the rest of the week is 10 hours of boredom!

Is that what you union guys do all day :rofl:

4C553EB0-8C9A-45F5-8C2A-2D7DFE1300A9.jpeg

A few Mexican guys, a Portuguese, a Filipino, ME and another white guy on the left just out of the picture.

Here is the wide shot.
Esparto 6.JPG

So, what are you planning to do on day one?

I'm going to continue working on this car....

677 R.JPG

I haven't driven it since the first of June. I rebuilt the engine and made some other changes.

This car....
JF 2.JPG

Runs and drives but I need to get it registered and insured. It has a SALVAGED title so I need a Brake and lamp inspection to complete the registration process. I bought a trailer to be able to get all that done.

THIS car needs to be finished and sold:

0192.JPG

It was my brother-in-law's car. He lost interest, I bought it to finish and sell.

Plus...the house and shop both need work to get decent money when we sell. I've neglected stuff and it needs to be fixed.

I’d say just drive jigsaw down there, but you’re in commiefornia! :rofl:

When I took my GTX around the block for the first time, no wire in the car, except to the ignition and coil, so no lights worked. No hood. Didn’t have a title for the car, so definitely no registration or insurance. No exhaust. Speedometer cable wasn’t there so I don’t know if I was speeding or not lol. No seatbelts in the car. I didn’t have my wallet so I didn’t have my drivers license. Basically I broke every motor vehicle law.:lol:

Oh yeah, I've had a similar experience. I've had Jigsaw out on the road too. No wipers or horn but everything else worked. I did a few burnouts and cruised a little bit.

Congrats Greg,
The wife and I both retired in early May of this year. That was pretty close to the best thing we ever did. After selling the house, and just about everything else, we headed south to Tennessee and Kentucky in search of land to build on or a existing home and land to buy. We are still down here as I type. Both are nice states with roughly the same cost of living for a retired person. We did find that TN is much more expensive, almost double for comparable properties. An existing home in KY usually comes with a lot more land. I mean a lot more land. Whereas TN was a mountain home on 2 acres, KY is a mountain home with 15,25,40, even 100 acres and all but the last were under 200K. We are looking only in the eastern parts of both states (mountains and views of mountains). We are staying in our camper or with friends while we search. It is pretty cool to have the time and the money to shop around for the "perfect" spot. One home had 28 acres and 9, yes 9, garages (two of which were large pole barns). I made my case to buy that one, but the neighbors were still too close and the view was only in one direction. We are not in a rush so we can take our time. So if you and Mary get a chance to come down here and look around, you won't regret it. NOTE: watch those big time Realestate sites as many of the homes they list have sold a long time ago. We drove two hours to one (we probably would have bought it) only to find that it sold well over a year ago. Anyway, Best of luck to the both of you in all your future endeavors!

Congrats Greg,
The wife and I both retired in early May of this year. That was pretty close to the best thing we ever did. After selling the house, and just about everything else, we headed south to Tennessee and Kentucky in search of land to build on or a existing home and land to buy. We are still down here as I type. Both are nice states with roughly the same cost of living for a retired person. We did find that TN is much more expensive, almost double for comparable properties. An existing home in KY usually comes with a lot more land. I mean a lot more land. Whereas TN was a mountain home on 2 acres, KY is a mountain home with 15,25,40, even 100 acres and all but the last were under 200K. We are looking only in the eastern parts of both states (mountains and views of mountains). We are staying in our camper or with friends while we search. It is pretty cool to have the time and the money to shop around for the "perfect" spot. One home had 28 acres and 9, yes 9, garages (two of which were large pole barns). I made my case to buy that one, but the neighbors were still too close and the view was only in one direction. We are not in a rush so we can take our time. So if you and Mary get a chance to come down here and look around, you won't regret it. NOTE: watch those big time Realestate sites as many of the homes they list have sold a long time ago. We drove two hours to one (we probably would have bought it) only to find that it sold well over a year ago. Anyway, Best of luck to the both of you in all your future endeavors!
That is excellent advice.
In short, I'm looking for a RED state with lower taxes and less government. Tennessee has no state income tax so that alone is like a $1000 bonus between the Wife and I compared to California. We have been to Kentucky and it looked similar to TN.
No decision has been made yet but I do not want to deal with snow.

unfortunately Texas is on the brink of disaster, too many commiefornians poisoning the water hole (commiefornians are the bad ones from your state, the rest of y’all are Californians)

ITS FRIDAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

B2778032-16E0-4EDE-84CC-76563BB7CD57.gif

Stay safe today Greg, don't let your mind wander. Let your buddies work the dangerous stuff today. We have a saying as Lineman, "I'm my brother's keeper ".
There are way too many stories of "he was set to retire this week", etc.
Take it easy today, laugh and enjoy.
It is the best workday of your life.
CONGRATULATIONS- YOU MADE IT!!

Auto Transport Service
Back