• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to choose a color

Which color would you choose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
did you every see one of these beauty's in BLACK?
...they look Mean, Sinister, & a true MoPar look!

BTW;I am so sick of comaros, nova's.... on... pass (chevy) time...

well here goes---

Removed winsheild-Heat gun helped the scraper run like butter

I had bought a new window 3 yrs ago but the movers left a 2" crack in it...
nice eh...
Sooo I ordered a new one at 240.00 (not too bad)

filled dash cracks - theres no way I want to buy/install a new one
Your welcome to call me cheap idc- Im not rich by any means

thats a real odd size speaker for in the center of the dash-
Disintigrated when i touched it-
Anyone know where to get a new one-?

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 385
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 397
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 315
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 335
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 376
I wanted to say at least the jet black color, but i have to add to it a little, I wish i could learn my Photo shop good enough for just this part alone, Your model has a look thats unreal painted black, thats a given.. But if you could see thru to a two tone car and what black sitting on top of a charcoal or silver, with me that part is a toss up. But the two go together in looks that i think are beautiful period. This is the hardest part, there is so many colors to choose from. You have a hard choice but it has to be what you know you will love for a few years to come. What i mentioned may sound bad to some, but if i could have managed a 71 Charger i was after, this is what colors would have been on it. A Ram 1500 put a stop to that, and it wouldn't look good with it.. Good luck. Dash will look good, wont a after market speaker work in that? I may know someone who MIGHT have one of the old dash speakers, ill check into it.

Thanks Ron apreciate the kind words and helpful coments-
Just cant bring myself to spend gobs of money on a dash pad when a few touchups and its good to go...
Even though id like to paint the car black I have been told a few times to stay away from it due to the high visibilitty of imperfections-
Reg 4x8 wouldnt fit guarenteed but I replaced this weird shaped speaker with 2 smaller 4" pioneer-

NP, If you are doing the original build on this car i can see why you would want the speaker, If not, When i started my car i tore all the interior out after all the outside stuff, i wanted to wire brush the floors and coat them, also the sound proofing i told you about.. But i put the 5 inch speakers in my kick panels, theres enough space in there to do it, mine is a years difference but if you take one off you'll see. I put the regular 6x9 in the rear panel for a good sounding little system, im not the big wattage windows shaking guy but its rated at 120 watt, more then enough for me, all around $200.00 bucks. if your interested. I could get you a pic of one and show you what it looks like built in if you want, it actually dresses the interior up with them and gives the music a good surround sound.

#1 choice- Mango Tango (new dodge orange metallic)

Mango Tango Mango Tango Mango Tango Mango Tango

:hello2: :toothy10: :laughing4:

Been about a month now ...Alot of welding grinding, filling sanding
-Couple of before and after pics here-Ive got it to where im happy but will bring it back to do some small touch ups after the windsheild goes in- Looing about 20times better than it did...

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 319
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 277
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 287
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 280
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 290
I would go with the mango with a charcol or medium grey stripe .........very classy!!!

Orange & black has been done to death,
My 2 cents.........Good luck

more

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 328
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 287
Damn I am just jealous as heck seeing you dive in and get it there. I have rust starting to bubble up and poke through the poor paintjob that was on the car when I bought it. Downside is after pooring all my spending money on replacing the trans and the engine, I know my body work is going to have to wait until next winter.

I think the 71 and 72 B bodies look awesome painted Sassy Grass Green with black interior, but either of your choices will look nice as well. It's your money, paint it whatever color makes you happy!

Great job on sticking with it and getting this far 72'..... heck, i'm pretty damn excited to see how she turns out for ya.

Congrat's and good luck!

Lots more work to go for a color change, under hood, door jambs, trunk, engine compartment, but you've gone this far, whats a few more cuts and blisters. Go with what will make you happy for years to come so you won't have regrets. Looks good, don't forget the camera for some in the booth shots.

i like the ralleye's painted black..you gonna keep them that way?

Thx, yeah I will - on these cars I think they look great!
Need somthing different than body color and too much orange looks funny- you know what I mean ..

Thx, yeah I will - on these cars I think they look great!
Need somthing different than body color and too much orange looks funny- you know what I mean ..
yes..i am thinking about that as well-at first i was thinking of buying the cop steel wheels, but the prev. owner just bought 15 in ralleyes, maybe i will just powder coat them and keep the steel centers..
how do you think b5 wheels w/b5 car would look...i am leaning towards black looking more menacing than matching the car to the wheels.. especially w/ black strobe

yes..i am thinking about that as well-at first i was thinking of buying the cop steel wheels, but the prev. owner just bought 15 in ralleyes, maybe i will just powder coat them and keep the steel centers..
how do you think b5 wheels w/b5 car would look...i am leaning towards black looking more menacing than matching the car to the wheels.. especially w/ black strobe

Id go for the 15" rallys, they are definitly getting harder to find...up here anyways- I like the cop car wheels too
yeah just didnt like the argent paint on the rallys.. like you said much more menacing in black

Attachments

• 30336860008_medium.jpg
    30336860008_medium.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 214
Id go for the 15" rallys, they are definitly getting harder to find...up here anyways- I like the cop car wheels too
yeah just didnt like the argent paint on the rallys.. like you said much more menacing in black
i have been toying with the idea of adding the "plymouth" banner over the quarter..but with the strobe-might just be overkill..opinion?

Auto Transport Service
Back