• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To all the mechanics in the work force. What are you working on today?

Bobby Sixkiller

Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
6C9C996E-9FE0-4879-8D01-ADDA1B6F99D5.jpeg
I’m doing a complete fuel system on a duramax. Yay. Yes it’s out there now. I work for gm.

I had my son pulled the heads off the 383 , sent those out to be serviced. Im still in recovery mode from a injury from Jan. So Im not able to do the tasks.

Pulling a cab to service the chassis is not a fun task. Good hours?

Timing chains on a F-150 with dual turbo 3.5L. Oh wait, bent two intake valves, so now pulling heads. Has 80k miles on it.
IMG_20210810_104703779.jpg

High speed placer head rebuild on one bench & a 904 trans on another bench..

Airplanes

Well actually I have the filter vessels ripped apart right now on two Jet A 5,000 gallon mobile fuel trucks

Inspections

Do I count?

I'm taking about ten 7 year old broken laptops and making six working ones because we don't have money to buy new ones and we have 4 new employees.

I've got 5 done.

Pulled fuel tank, replaced 3/8 line, adding a siphon pump to my in tank fuel pump so it doesn't run dry on hills. Removed intake, Edelbrock RPM, and going to cut heat crossover out of it and have it machined so it seals better after heads n block were decked. 115 outside, garage has no a/c this yr. No longer a mechanic, retired after 23yrs as a helicopter crew chief. Now just a tinkerer.
20210730_130651.jpg

Pulled fuel tank, replaced 3/8 line, adding a siphon pump to my in tank fuel pump so it doesn't run dry on hills. Removed intake, Edelbrock RPM, and going to cut heat crossover out of it and have it machined so it seals better after heads n block were decked. 115 outside, garage has no a/c this yr. No longer a mechanic, retired after 23yrs as a helicopter crew chief. Now just a tinkerer. View attachment 1150537
Too hot to even tinker!

Just had a '67 GTO dropped off today. I'll be going through all the mechanicals, brakes, suspension and swapping it back from an automatic to a 4 speed (previous owner swapped it from a 4 speed to automatic a few years ago).
It's been sitting for a couple year's so I'm sure there will be surprises.

Getting ready to: Align hone a '70 455 Olds block, hone the cylinders in a 6.2 LS in a Corvette, Stripping a pair of BBC 454 heads to clean and mill, The '49 Buick 320 Straight 8 is waiting for the head to be finished, and there is plenty more to do too...

IMG_8902.jpg
IMG_8904.jpg
IMG_8905.jpg
IMG_8907.jpg
IMG_8906.jpg

Tell ya - a lot of you guys are incredible...IMHO, I'm not that bad of a mechanical sort; but some of the stuff you all do is above my pay grade. Hats off to you - next time I wear one anyway!

Auto Transport Service
Back