• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To FirmFeel or not

The F/R arms in the Borgeson can be a bit too fast though. The ratio of 14 to 1 plus the F/R arms is something close to 10 to 1.
I'd worry about it feeling twitchy at high speeds. Sneeze at 120 and you are in the next lane!

I guess nobody has any comments on that.

I am completely rebuilding my '68 Coronet. I just restored the K-Frame and installed new everything OEM Moog in the steering (except pitman arm for now). I am struggling on the $600 (including shipping and pitman arm) cost of a stage 2 Firmfeel power steering gear. Convince me one way or another if it is worth the cost.

Thanks,
Jim
IMO, Firm Feel's stage 2 or 3 boxes are the best. Dave has done several for me that were super dependable & transformed my car's handling. I remember one stage 2 box he made for my Hemi Challenger that had only 1/8" clearance from the headers. I sent him pics of the issue & he shaved the box's housing to fit perfectly. My bro's stage 3 box on his 69 Hemi Charger makes it feel better than his 08 SRT 8 Superbee.

IMO, Firm Feel's stage 2 or 3 boxes are the best. Dave has done several for me that were super dependable & transformed my car's handling. I remember one stage 2 box he made for my Hemi Challenger that had only 1/8" clearance from the headers. I sent him pics of the issue & he shaved the box's housing to fit perfectly. My bro's stage 3 box on his 69 Hemi Charger makes it feel better than his 08 SRT 8 Superbee.

Thanks, I have the Stage 3 installed and can't wait to get the rest of the car together to drive it.

Auto Transport Service
Back