• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To my fellow Scandinavians

The Rebel

Local time
2:17 AM
Reaction score
For many years I've wanted to celebrate with a traditional treat that my Swedish, Norwegian and Danish ancestors would have had.

This year I finally decided to go for it and bought my 1st Kransekake (Wreath Cake) out of NJ.

This treat is also used at weddings where the bride and groom will take the top ring and pull at it. Depending on how many come off is said to fortell how many children they will have.

Merry Christmas / God Jule!

IMG_20231222_144559.jpg
IMG_20231222_144551.jpg

Last edited:
It kinda looks like a donot.

Donut...

Doughnaught...

I say "do not".

You have to have lutefisk first for dinner before enjoying this treat….Lol
Uf-da! I only married in to SwedeWegian culture but I've eaten that and, yeah....no.
On a tastier note, mother-in-law just got her annual shipment of lefse from her favorite place back in Minnesowda. She makes a strong one but always likes to 'order in' from da old neighborhood at Christmas time.

For many years I've wanted to celebrate with a traditional treat that my Swedish, Norwegian and Danish ancestors would have had.

This year I finally decided to go for it and bought my 1st Kransekake (Wreath Cake) out of NJ.

This treat is also used at weddings where the bride and groom will take the top ring and pull at it. Depending on how many come off is said to fortell how many children they will have.

Merry Christmas / God Jule!View attachment 1578570View attachment 1578571

Dough with icing...can't go wrong. Mmm!

Uf-da! I only married in to SwedeWegian culture but I've eaten that and, yeah....no.
On a tastier note, mother-in-law just got her annual shipment of lefse from her favorite place back in Minnesowda. She makes a strong one but always likes to 'order in' from da old neighborhood at Christmas time.

Dough with icing...can't go wrong. Mmm!
Ya u betcha! And I be from Minnesnowda myself .. of Norwegian stock…..

Does. It taste like a doughnut?
It's an interesting texture soft but not mushy. It's got Almonds in it.
You have to have lutefisk first for dinner before enjoying this treat….Lol
Sorry to give you the dreaded or honor of being a member of the Red X club. I've never had it but read what it is ya I'll pass. Lol.

Hmmm, there's an "Ollie's" ad on this page.

AI at work?

Me neither.

Too bad. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

It's an interesting texture soft but not mushy. It's got Almonds in it.

Sorry to give you the dreaded or honor of being a member of the Red X club. I've never had it but read what it is ya I'll pass. Lol.
It’s mostly the old timers that endure its fantasy of flavor. You won’t catch anyone my age or younger that will eat that ****….

Hmmmm come to think of it most of them are dead now…..

But thx for the Red X - My first and I could never tell you why….

My point was-

The thread has numerous references to Things Scandinavian.....

...and the ad is for a Scandinavian owned business with a stereotypical Scandinavian name.

Auto Transport Service
Back