• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torker Manifold

In 45 years I have pulled iron head 440' or 400's many dozen times using either the chain & the front/rear head bolts or with the heads off, the big head bolts and usually a chain hoist. With my 500" EDE head 440, pulled it with the carb plate, same with my 512" Indy head motor. No issues, key is the grade 8 bolts and really good thread engagement. The advantage of the plate is the bolts are in tension, with the front/rear head bolt holes, the chain puts the bolts in shear.

Yanking a stocker with iron manifold out or off the floor to an engine stand I use a home made carb plate.
Anything else the head bolt bosses.
BTW measure the opening of the chain hook on your lifting device, if it starts to spread replace it.
Worked at a heavy equipment parts warehouse, we used to go through safe lifting training yearly.

No Problem!

20220520_152108.jpg

20220520_152102.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back