• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transportation of doors

opus65

Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
Thanks to all who participate in this forum. I have been fortunate to use it to get some parts into the hands of people who can use them. At present I'm looking for ideas as to moving a set of doors from central Indiana to South New Jersey. Would make a great Christmas for a fellow moparite if these doors can get out east. I am looking for ideas on how to ship complete doors. I also wonder if maybe during this holiday travel season there may be someone heading east that, for a nominal fee, could transport a set of 65 doors.
Thanks,
Todd

I had a guy send me a Charger door last year from Tennessee to WI. USPS was the cheapest @ $45. It was only the shell though, all the window stuff would probably double the price.

Thanks to all who participate in this forum. I have been fortunate to use it to get some parts into the hands of people who can use them. At present I'm looking for ideas as to moving a set of doors from central Indiana to South New Jersey. Would make a great Christmas for a fellow moparite if these doors can get out east. I am looking for ideas on how to ship complete doors. I also wonder if maybe during this holiday travel season there may be someone heading east that, for a nominal fee, could transport a set of 65 doors.
Thanks,
Todd

Check to see if there is a greyhound bus terminal near you and if there is one close to the person in south jersey. They can ship large items for a fair price. I had shipped a fiberglass hood and two fenders with them years ago. The nearest one to my house was about 40 miles, so sometimes you may have to drive a bit to get there.
Bob

You might check out fastenal if you both have access to a store, for store to store shipping. There's a thread about it somewhere.

I'd go with Greyhound I bought a door for a 71 satellite in California and had it shipped to Tennessee for like 60 bucks I think.

Gray Hound when it comes to large parts is really good. My Brother, 69a100 had to ship a rear bumper for a 1966 Chrysler 300 back East earlier this year. He and I boxed it up and took it to the Gray Hound station. If any of you don't know this a 1966 300 bumper is huge and has some weight. I think it cost about 55.00 bucks to get it there. It arrived as scheduled and in tact. Other than going actual truck Freight, the Hound is your best bet. Good Luck...cr8crshr/Tuck

Auto Transport Service
Back