• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Travelling to the US, where to shop for parts?

Aussie Coronet

Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
G'day legends,

I'll be travelling to the US of A this coming September and while the wife is out looking for shoes and planning romantic evenings at fancy restaurants, I'd like to be out shopping for parts for my 69 Coronet.

We'll be in LA, Anaheim (yes, Disneyland.....:(.) Virginia, Washington DC, New York City and Vegas.

I'd like to source a few things for the car as it's going to end up being a Superbee clone, so I'll need the stripe kit, badges and whatever else it should have (that I can afford). Do you have any recommendations for places I simply must get to? Most of my free time will be in VA, have about 10 days there with absolutely nothing planned other than the local sites, Arlington to pay my respects, White House, Lincoln memorial etc and a drive up to PA and a visit to Gettysburg, Harpers Ferry, Bull Run etc.

I'd also love to catch some stock car racing :yes: any automotive museums that are MOPAR centric and anything else you think I absolutely positively must see.

Anyway, your advice would be greatly appreciated, hey maybe we could grab a beer!:sixpack:

For stock car, look at Bristol and Charlotte. Both a bit of a drive, but they are classic Nascar locations.

There is a Mecum auto auction in St. Charles IL in September. Also very far, but if you want to see classic cars its fun.

That is what I can think of.

Randy

I'm in San Jose. About 400 miles North of Los Angeles. Call me if you get close. I'll be in town til the 22nd of September. 408 230-9922. Thanks for bringing your tourist $ to the USA. Enjoy your trip!

I'm a 69 Coronet R/T owner along with some modern Mopar.

To bad your not coming to Detroit, WPC Museum, and plenty of places to walk in and pick up parts, + Woodward Avenue cruising on some nice september evenings. Have I got you talked in to it yet?.

Auto Transport Service
Back