• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tti exhaust install help

I plan at the moment is to open the hole a bit and weld a nut in to the hole. There’s nothing in there to tap other than the thickness of the frame itself. My other wonder is when I install my tips the pipe and tips will be competing for the same hanger. I haven’t got that far though to figure that one out. But it look like the tab on the pipe will need to be cut off and the tip be the support.

The oem set up is that the tip hooks to the bracket as per my photos. When I install mine it’s tail pipes only, no tips so our set up differ slightly in that respect.

Ok so here’s what I did. And really all I did was do what the factory did but for some reason my car was slightly different. I opened up the factory holes to 3/4. And fitted a threaded bung into the hole and welded it in. Then touched up my undercoating. Once I did that I was able to use the factory bottom hangers and boom all fit great. I can’t thank you guys enough for the pics and help. And I want to clarify tti makes a great product this wasn’t on them necessarily just one of them things that can vary car to car.

2AD1E1E2-D815-4965-9F06-444BB98DBBA4.jpeg FF146C52-DC44-41D4-BC73-A4620477B7A9.jpeg E620950C-F4B5-4B63-B3E0-51D14D2246C5.jpeg D490302F-D72F-4B08-9E6D-89D916E75CD0.jpeg

I once was talking to Tom Hoover (we all know who he was) about manufacturing tolerances. He said "Oh we were very precise with the measurements. + or - about 2 1/2'' was the normal." He said jokingly .
The other saying about Mopars is "When it comes to Ma Mopar, never say never."
Glad it all worked out.

Auto Transport Service
Back