• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI headers with TTI Exhaust System

Almost there…

IMG_9837.jpeg
IMG_9831.jpeg
IMG_9840.jpeg
IMG_9841.jpeg

If you don’t use TTI headers then you need to fabricate a piece that goes between the header collector and the exhaust. It’s all on the TTI website
TTI has or had adapters that go between common headers and their exhaust. I used the adapters to connect the Hookers on my big block Cuda to the TTI exhaust.

Your car is too clean, but the exhaust is nice!

With a black car there’s no such thing as too clean. I got the GTX in ‘82 and finished restoring it in 2001. Last winter I freshened up the motor, trans, front suspension and interior. That’s why it looks as clean as it does…

Next step will be to tack weld the slip connectors to the mufflers and the x pipe sections to each other so they can be removed and fully welded.

IMG_9849.jpeg

So the slip joints aren't permanent? Would you run the car with the slip joints unwelded?

So the slip joints aren't permanent? Would you run the car with the slip joints unwelded?

I could use the supplied clamps instead of welding but there would end up being 8 clamps between the headers and mufflers. Welding will result in a much cleaner looking install.

image.jpg

You could leave a slip joint at inlet to mufflers easy to remove if you have to. Two ways a band clamp or a regular clamp. With a regular clamp put where you want and crush it some but not tight. Remove clamp drill a hole for a small 1/4" Hex head S/S sheet screw with anti seize. Then put clamp to cover screw.

Last edited:
Is the combination a true bolt in or is there still some fabrication involved? I need to replace the complete exhaust system on my GTX and the local guy that I know and trust isn’t set up to do 3”.
TTI stem to stern on a 360/904/8-3/4, center console shifted ‘67 Barracuda w/stock leaf springs and shock, the pipes are the X pipe style and the DynoMax mufflers that come in the kit box.

The only reason I had to cut the mid pipes is because the A body MoPars come in 2 wheel base lengths. The exhaust piping was an excellent fit.

I did have to make one minor dent in the header to clear the manual steering box.

It sounds slightly deeper than the 2.5” system at idle, I won’t know how it sounds on the street for 4 months or so…

Overall I’m really pleased with the TTI products as well as the complete system. The fit was excellent and the sound level is just what I expected.

Auto Transport Service
Back