• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTIs exhaust with Dynomax turbos, opinions please.

Off topic sorry OP, but Ron, 2 things come out your clip.

1. Your car sounds a-w-e-s-o-m-e !!

2. That 62 Polara rag top next to your car in 2 tone black/white with Cragars is gorgeous!!

Thanks for all the kind replies about my car. The 62 Vert next to me is my very good friends car. I really dont have any good pics of it but I know there is a clip of it on Youtube as the same guy that did mine clip did one on his car. I will be seeing him in that car in the next few weeks when we start cruising and I will get some good pics of it and post them. It has a mild 440 with the crossram and dual Carter AFB's on it. Its a nice car but he dont race it as he has a red 62 Hardtop he races. Ron

I do have this pic of his red 62 which he drives on the street some and races it once in a while. Actually the black 62 Vert and this have Keystones on them not Cragers. Ron

411866006.jpg

Last edited:
62 I went with the super Turbos. I want the sneak up on you approach. They all get louder when floored. I want to be able to hear the radio with ease. And drive through town without every PD knowing it.

My guess your radio will be a 590hp 440 for awhile. Know I wouldn't need a radio.

Been there, done that. Three sets of mufflers later found a brand that sounds great with my big block with no drone, wall vibrating and I can drive the car and talk to a passenger. Had Magna Flows, Dynomax and Flowmasters, all of which were in the quiet to mid range. They all howled, cackled or droned at speed. Talk about companies with so many ranges of sounds with their mufflers, they have no idea what they sound like on a big block Mopar, just Camaro's and other GM crap. Finally I found the best sound that keeps the competition wondering what's under the hood and enables me to drive at speed without feeling the sheet metal vibrate. Borla's are my pick, so much so I have them on all three of my classics. No surprises whatsoever with all three cars of different brands. But you my friend can play the "wheel of fortune" game when it comes to mufflers cause the only people making the fortune are the manufacturers while you drive what you don't like cause it cost you a fortune to hang their crap under your ride. I have a TTI exhaust front to back ( 2 1/2 inch ) with the Borla's hanging in place of the ones TTI sent. Lucky me, I got $50 apiece when I sold them two weeks later.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, by the way, I still have the Flowmasters and Dynomax's sitting in a box down in my shed. Tried to sell them, but funny thing is, no one would even give me $40 apiece. Guess they'd "been there done that" too. Good luck finding a sound you like that does your car justice and a sound you can live with daily.

I have that set up in my 64 Hemi convertible and had the same concerns about a softer exhaust note. I am happy with the choice of 3" TTI with "H" crossover and Dynomax turbo mufflers. I tend to prefer a softer exhaust note.

Ernesto

I had this set up on my '71 Challenger 408 stroker and loved the sound!

Love my 2.5" Dynomax with H pipe setup.. They are quieter than I thought they would be, but nice throaty sound without the drone.

Auto Transport Service
Back