• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Under-Dash cover

signalsparks

Local time
1:18 AM
Reaction score
'70 Satellite Sedan 318/904 Factory A/C. There's what looks to be a fiberglas-reinforced plastic cover that bolts up under the passenger side dash, covering the bottom of the heater box. I have mine in good condition. I'm thinking it's a great place to hide a bluetooth interface with a little amplifier (I put a new 4x10 speaker in the stock dash location), an additional power outlet for phone charging, etc. and a digital volt meter.

I don't want to hack the one I have up UNLESS I can find another one. In fact, I want to find a reproduction one to poke holes in, with the option to put my original back on if I want to go back to stock at a later date.

If anyone has found a good reproduction (or NOS) one for a decent price, I'm interested in recommendations. My google searches have been inconclusive.

I'd also like to know what fastener was used through the hole into the bottom of the heater box, as my cover was loose in the trunk when I got the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back