• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

valley pan

steve from staten island

Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
I have a question. When installing the valley pan,does the pan just go against the head and intake manifold with sealer only,or do i use the four gaskets supplied. Those gaskets do not have the cutout to let water flow through manifold,do i cut them out

I have a question. When installing the valley pan,does the pan just go against the head and intake manifold with sealer only,or do i use the four gaskets supplied. Those gaskets do not have the cutout to let water flow through manifold,do i cut them out

most of the time people don't use the paper gasket w/ the pan (a lot of sources say they're for the six pack), sealant isn't necessary on the majority of the valley pan, just the front and back where the 3 small bolts go through it, especially in the corner's where the heads meet the block... also, water doesn't go through a big block manifold, it's dry :D

(that's the heat crossover, and unless you drive in the winter a lot, it's prefered to be covered over)

I think the gaskets are mainly if you're using an aluminum intake.

Big block Mopar has a 'dry' intake.

I use sealer for the intake ports with my cast 6 pack and stock heads with no paper gaskets. Seal the front and rear pan rails and all four corners where the head and block meet as stated in a previous post.
For the missing cutouts, are you asking about the heat crossover ports between the intake ports on those paper gaskets?

Auto Transport Service
Back