• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Values of iron heads

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
I have a couple of sets of iron heads I will probably never use. What would the going rates be for a decent set of rebuildable 1968 date coded 906 heads with rockers, etc? Or a set of 452 heads?

I just don’t see myself using anything other than aluminum at this point, and figured I may as well let them go. I just am not sure what to ask for them.

Use the search function with the Market Place forum. search for 906 heads/452 heads to see what they have been selling at.

When I sold off a couple sets of 906's a few years ago, the rocker arms and shaft were worth more than the heads. I had a hard time giving away the bare heads.

Same for me. I carried a nice complete set of 452's to many swap meets and couldn't get anything for them.
I even put FREE on them. Ended up going to the scrap man.

same here I've got a couple pair i would give away plus a whole bunch of other stuff but no one wants to even come look at any of it. With scrap prices so low it doesn't pay to haul stuff the 100 miles to sell.

I gave $100 for a nice complete set of 906's needing a valve job. I would think they would bring more to a guy needing a specific date code for their build.

Someone would have to really want that date code if they weren’t local, since the shipping would likely exceed the value of the heads themselves.

I have a couple pair of 906 bare that look pretty good to me. Maybe a couple of 915 too. I better start asking what they are worth.

I’m guessing these 906s are January of 68? Any specific date ranges of cars that might be more interested in them?

75E6BE1D-796D-40C3-87AB-71649D0F30FA.jpeg

B6AD1733-FCA5-447D-95DC-F6309BEA8F72.jpeg

FBDBF786-A8A9-4D86-AB30-435C65D7F405.jpeg

E46BEC2A-8C20-4D98-97B1-A09FB3556084.jpeg

I see them listed for $200-$400.

I sold a spare set a few years ago for $50.

I'd be a buyer to replace them around $100

I have a couple of sets of iron heads I will probably never use. What would the going rates be for a decent set of rebuildable 1968 date coded 906 heads with rockers, etc? Or a set of 452 heads?

I just don’t see myself using anything other than aluminum at this point, and figured I may as well let them go. I just am not sure what to ask for them.

Those are desirable castings for someone looking for iron heads. No idea what they are worth? If the heads need rebuilt, the person buying them will just look at them as a core cost? Might check with local machine shops and see if they need cores to rebuild?

Auto Transport Service
Back