• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valve cover bolt socket size

Should be 7/16" assuming it's all factory. I'm really sure my 66 is 7/16"

Meep-Meep, thank you. It may seem like a stupid question but my vision is so bad I don;t want to hunt for the right size. My friend and I took out the car yesterday to get gas and to stretch it's legs. At the gas station I smelled buring oil and saw some smoke. We found what appeared to be a very small leak from the lower rear right valve cover. It had stopped by the time we drove home. I assume the gasket swelled. I just want to tighten down the rear bolts a bit. Thanks again.

Glad to help and good to hear that hemi got up to operating temperature! I drove my hemi Charger all weekend.

Glad to help and good to hear that hemi got up to operating temperature! I drove my hemi Charger all weekend.

My friend is a die hard big block Chevy guy. Everytime we take the GTX out, he says are you sure there is nothing wrong with this motor? He says the motor is so noisy compared to a 427 Chevy. I laugh and tell him it is fine. I tell him if Larry Shepard built the motor it is right!

Damn, Larry Shepard built your motor??!! :notworthy:

I hope your buddy recovers from his illness :sideways tongue:

Back