• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very odd brake problem 71 Satellite.

Will do.. I just want to finish up this car and get it out of my driveway.. Sick of seeing it. 71 Satellite Sebring.. Not my favorite Mopar to say the least.. Sucks that it has my 440 in it now. But all is well... Im working on my 66 383 just need to get the block checked out.. Hope its not a wasted case.

Just to update.. The booster I bought with the Right Stuff Detailing Kit was bad. Summit has a brand new booster and master headed my way. I will update when I'm sure it fixes the issue.

Just to update.. The booster I bought with the Right Stuff Detailing Kit was bad. Summit has a brand new booster and master headed my way. I will update when I'm sure it fixes the issue.
How did you determine that the boost is bad? Reason I ask is my brake gremlin sounds similar or the same as yours. I did recommended booster checks with vac pump and they all came out as good. Thanks

I can't get any boost assist what so ever. It feels like manual brakes and just sinks and sinks and sink till just off the floor it stops the car. I can only assume that the booster is bad. Right out of the box it felt weird. I put it on the car then later changed it to the drum drum booster that was weird too as the engine vacuum would pull the peddle to the floor. So I put the new one back on and no peddle. I will inform when the new one gets here and I install it. I also have the new proportioning valve to install for the disc/drum setup.

What they don't tell you in the Right Stuff kit, is you need to remove the old linkage rods and pivot shaft to allow for the new booster and its linkage to work.

I can't get any boost assist what so ever. It feels like manual brakes and just sinks and sinks and sink till just off the floor it stops the car. I can only assume that the booster is bad. Right out of the box it felt weird. I put it on the car then later changed it to the drum drum booster that was weird too as the engine vacuum would pull the peddle to the floor. So I put the new one back on and no peddle. I will inform when the new one gets here and I install it. I also have the new proportioning valve to install for the disc/drum setup.

What they don't tell you in the Right Stuff kit, is you need to remove the old linkage rods and pivot shaft to allow for the new booster and its linkage to work.
Just checking back with ya, any new-news on your hunt for the fix?

The booster was under a lifetime warranty. They have issued me a new one but its back ordered until the 8th of June... Will update when I get it..

The booster was under a lifetime warranty. They have issued me a new one but its back ordered until the 8th of June... Will update when I get it..
Thanks - I have a feeling you and could be trying the defeat the same gremlin. I have a couple parts on back order as well.

Suspect not enough free play in pedal closing compensating valve allowing engine vacuum to act on diaphragm and apply.
If you get a minute please toss over any additional info you might have about this as I'm wondering if this could be the problem. Are you indicating that the pedal adjustment could be acting on the booster such as incomplete return? Thanks

Thanks - I have a feeling you and could be trying the defeat the same gremlin. I have a couple parts on back order as well.
Hey BeepBeepRR, I ordered a booster around end of May from Jeg's STILL waiting for it. Supposed to arrive tomorrow but won't hold my breath. Anyway, you by chance get your booster yet? I think we ordered the same unit just different supplier. Thx Ron h

I just got the replacement from summit last week. They had a delay on the master cylinder. But I installed it and now its working like its supposed to. So it was the booster thatt was the issue.

I just got the replacement from summit last week. They had a delay on the master cylinder. But I installed it and now its working like its supposed to. So it was the booster thatt was the issue.
Thanks - I've had this problem for over 2 years. Sounds like an awful long time; but car isn't driven all that much maybe 1000 miles a year. When booster finally arrives hope I get the same result.

Auto Transport Service
Back