• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vht Hemi Orange engine paint.

Jimmer

Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
Who has used VHT Hemi Orange hi temp engine paint?
How well did it work ?
How close is the color ?
I have used the mopar engine paint with good results.
I'm just wondering about the VHT since they stock it locally.
Thanks
Jim

I had done my engine with that paint.
I did use the engine enamel primer as well before the Hemi orange top coat.
How close the colour is to correct i have no idea but it looks good, glossy finish.

The paint stays quite fragile after spraying, it requires heat to be "baked" and harden, since i was still far away from running the engine after painting i went over it with a heat gun to help the hardening process.
The engine is in the car now already for 8-10 months and the paint still looks like new.
When you do the first start you will get some nasty smell from it but that's normal with these paints and will go away after some time.

I have one of these holders to make it more easy, they are from Plastidip but there are other brands out there. Makes it a lot easier instead of pushing that little cap.
I also noticed that the round head assists in getting a better spray pattern.
PlastiDip_Preval_Spuitbus_Pistool_Handgreep-t-500x333.png

IMG_5179.jpg

Its really decent paint. I have used it on a couple engines. As well as the turquoise paint.
IMG_1868.JPG
IMG_0939.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG

IMG_1858.JPG

@BeepBeepRR, did you also use the high temp exhaust paint on these manifolds?
If so, how does that hold up against those temperatures?
Always wonder how long that stays nice.

@BeepBeepRR, did you also use the high temp exhaust paint on these manifolds?
If so, how does that hold up against those temperatures?
Always wonder how long that stays nice.
I did use it but I screwed up I used the HP manifolds painted when I did my cam break in. I should have used headers and did the proper burn in on the HP manifolds. I think its like 20 minutes and cool and another 20 minutes and cool. There are instructions on the can but like I said it was my fault the paint failed on the HP manifolds. I ran it for 20 minutes to break in the cam but it was higher RPM's and the manifolds got super hot during the break in.

This is a picture of them before the cam break in.

IMG_1935.JPG

Here is after.
IMG_2144.JPG

Ah, too bad.
Yeah during cam break-in is not a good time for paint to cure.
My TTI's also mention in the installation notes not to use them during cam break-in as they might get too hot and discoloration will occur.

But if those manifolds stay like on the last picture i would not even bother pulling them again, looks natural and neat.

Ah, too bad.
Yeah during cam break-in is not a good time for paint to cure.
My TTI's also mention in the installation notes not to use them during cam break-in as they might get too hot and discoloration will occur.

But if those manifolds stay like on the last picture i would not even bother pulling them again, looks natural and neat.
Oddly they still look like that but a little surface rust. The engine was sold to my neighbor before I could stick it in the belvedere. I don't know what they actually look like now. But after the cam break in the paint turned into a pink like powder. But last I saw they did remain that color hint of surface rust. The ones you see painted on the 383 with the moroso pan were only primed. I never painted them other than the primer.

I use VHT and plasikote. Whichever is available for me at that time. Both look good when done. My 440 six pack, Hemi and 383.

100_1698.jpg IMG9539321.jpg 20201011_185148.jpg 20210530_143335.jpg

I’ll definitely give the VHT hemi orange paint my endorsement. I cleaned up my 69 GTX motor with it recently. My advice, follow the instructions exactly. Let the paint cure for 7 days between coats.

857C47CB-72A3-4CF3-B77E-1D04FF33F958.jpeg 662BC7EF-44A3-4210-8440-D313D27E80D8.jpeg 2DC880E3-9F49-43B6-B26A-2FA80AF362D0.jpeg

Who has used VHT Hemi Orange hi temp engine paint?
How well did it work ?
How close is the color ?
I have used the mopar engine paint with good results.
I'm just wondering about the VHT since they stock it locally.
Thanks
Jim
Use Por15 hemi orange expensive but excellent about 40$ a pint can be brushed on or sprayed

Auto Transport Service
Back