• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vin Tag Rivet

The factory rosette ones.
But anyways this should get interesting :popcorn:
1697083025970.png

I have several from the Dodge dealer from the late 70's

Am I in trouble?
You weren't, until now. Now EVERYONE on the World Wide Web knows......
It's a shame mine, errr this guy I know, his stash went down on the Edmund Fitzgerald.

I looked at a '70 Challenger for sale locally the other day (Chevy guy) Original a/c car with no a/c vents in the dash. Hmmm.....

I look at the VIN tag and sure enough, round pop rivets. I told the guy " Look, I could give a ****, but somebody is gonna light you up about those".

I miss the days when a lot of this **** didn’t matter.

I miss the days when a lot of this **** didn’t matter.
It still doesn't matter as long as you are rebuilding a car and you do it right. Oh and don't blab it all over the internet. It's like WTF!

Mattress tags are a known offense. It’s the tags on the pillows that get you. When they find one missing, you are assessed by ALL the pillows you have in your house, tagged or not. There’s a guy heading to the supreme court now over the whole “throw pillow” incident.

Happy Friday!

Oh sheeeeet I just ripped this off my pillow. So it doesn’t look like a conspiracy, I went through the house and ripped them all off.
26ABF586-A7DF-45B5-A18B-9CA287FE7CEB.jpeg

Had to pull my vin tag to recover the dash pad on my 70 Challenger.
Any recommendations on rivets to reinstall?
About 5 years ago I bought a complete VIN resto kit (Rivets and Chrysler Corporation label) for under 40 bucks

Auto Transport Service
Back