• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage garage stuff

Recent adds to my garage rec. room. Some new to me, some dug out of storage.

View attachment 1646208

View attachment 1646209

View attachment 1646210

Nice. That semi set is way cool. I don't remember the dragster, but that's awesome too.

I still have my Evil Knievel car that the body would come apart when you hit the front bumper

IMG_8983.jpeg

Last edited:
I have one just like that
Does yours have the pull starter? I understand sometime after cox put these on the market that they were sued for patent infringement over the starter. They then stopped selling models with the starter and replaced it with a knob at the back of the engine that you turned by a motion like you were snapping your fingers.

Does yours have the pull starter? I understand sometime after cox put these on the market that they were sued for patent infringement over the starter. They then stopped selling models with the starter and replaced it with a knob at the back of the engine that you turned by a motion like you were snapping your fingers.
I will have to look. I know one of my gas cars has a pull start. Not sure what one

The spring to hold the flint up and the screw to hold the spring in were both missing. I cut a piece of spring from another lighter without ruining the functionality of it because this lighter uses a very short spring . I found a screw that fit in the bottom to hold the spring in. I had to grind down the diameter of the head of the screw to allow it to fit in the hole it goes in.

IMG_2972.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back