• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage garage stuff

71-72-73 In 74 went to work for Montgomery Wards Auto Service.
I was now in the big time !

71-72-73 In 74 went to work for Montgomery Wards Auto Service.
I was now in the big time !
That was my alma-mater about that time too. I graduated from there and started at the parts store.

Scan.jpg

img133.jpg

This is the most unique battery charger I have ever seen. In addition to being able to charge 6 V and 12 V car batteries, it can also charge 9 V transistor radio batteries. After you were done in the garage, you can then use it inside the house to check vacuum tube heater elements. After you fixed the radio, you could then use it to diagnose home appliance problems. I am not positive what you could check, but my guess is that it is a continuity tester, or voltage tester.
The oil can has the most unusual name I have ever come across.

IMG_2477.jpeg

IMG_2478.jpeg

Here is a motor oil test kit from 1976. The instructions claim it can be used to test detergent and dispersancy action, contamination level, and viscosity change. I couldn’t pass up what is probably a pretty rare item, Especially with the vintage 14 cent LaGuardia stamps

IMG_2746.jpeg

This weekend I picked up a vintage greaserat an auction. I bought a skid of stuff to get it. I sold the remainder of the skid to another person at the auction.

I also bought an old Sun Battery Charger at another auction recently.

20240129_152817.jpg

20231113_122421.jpg

These are some parts of mine that ex Chrysler engineer Bob Tarozzi designed for Keith Black and Brad Anderson.

Bob's the one that designed the:
-68 Hemi Super Stock cars
-69 AMX Super Stock cars
-1st Keith Black Hemi block (and later versions)
-Brad Anderson heads and parts

And was:
-1970 Trans-Am season AAR Gurney/Savage team manager
-1970's private contracted development consultant for Tom Hoover at Chrysler

IMG-7061 - Copy.JPG

Copy of IMG_5527.JPG

Copy of IMG_5528.JPG

Last edited:
I found a nice vintage dwell tach today. It’s branded Knight, so that means it would have been sold through Allied Radio.
I bought a small shelf for oil cans, and other related car stuff. It was meant to have a sign, but I didn’t get the sign frame when I bought it. I bought some quarter inch channel stock and a quarter inch metal dowel. I cut the channel stock so I could bend it to fit the sign, and I bent two pieces of the dowel for the legs. I painted a piece of plywood and added decals.

IMG_2830.jpeg

IMG_2831.jpeg

IMG_2832.jpeg

I had a neighbor with a 1976 Caprice back in the day. I washed and waxed her car for $25;at the end of each summer. She insisted I use Amway silicone glaze. Seemed to be a good product. Easy to buff off and shine. Car would bead water all winter.

Loved the smell of the Cox fuel burning when running my Cox Dune Buggy.!

Found this a few weeks ago. I just recently became aware that the Cox fuel contains nitromethane. As purchased, and after some sprucing up. This model has a recoil pull starter on it

IMG_2839.jpeg

IMG_2896.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back