• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weight saving mods......

A "Stainless Steel Rembrandt" That's an expensive wall hanger. You know more than I about k frames. Looked like the two front arms that bolt to the frame rails were tweaked and the center. Is that what your seeing?

A "Stainless Steel Rembrandt" That's an expensive wall hanger. You know more than I about k frames. Looked like the two front arms that bolt to the frame rails were tweaked and the center. Is that what your seeing?
Yes and the pot dents that indicate some harsh environment and delinquency . I also suspected that it would be not in line and twisted to the point that it may not keep things in line as far as the front end geometry. I could be wrong, but too many dents and tweaks to keep me worry free. I'm sure that there is another one out there that may be
s-l225.jpg
more prestine and maybe affordable.

Yes and the pot dents that indicate some harsh environment and delinquency . I also suspected that it would be not in line and twisted to the point that it may not keep things in line as far as the front end geometry. I could be wrong, but too many dents and tweaks to keep me worry free. I'm sure that there is another one out there that may beView attachment 376954 more prestine and maybe affordable.

s-l1600.jpg

Bottom looks pretty rough. Didn't that picture in ad.
Bought thick holley gaskets from him. Later when I was in a NAPA store asked if they could get me intake gasket set with manifold, carb gaskets. Yes felpro 7002 or 7200, won't swear those numbers are right. $17 that's the same I just for holley gaskets, live and learn.

Bottom looks pretty rough. Didn't that picture in ad.
Bought thick holley gaskets from him. Later when I was in a NAPA store asked if they could get me intake gasket set with manifold, carb gaskets. Yes felpro 7002 or 7200, won't swear those numbers are right. $17 that's the same I just for holley gaskets, live and learn.
For the most part, those Altered's were rather crudely built and for that, most probably stress steered themselves while going down strip. Not to mention when they were steered themselves to become exhibition vehicles by performing sky high wheels stands and coming down hard to the applause of a raging crowd of fans.
17 lbs is light for a K-member though and it is a part of some history. I believe mine weighed in the neigborhood of 35 Lbs or so.

A recurring wish is to have enough capital to have one duplicated out of titanium to be strong and lightweight. That would be super trick.

For what it's worth my Mega-Block has been trimmed up.On the bathroom scale 274 lbs with main caps and studs
Doug

Doug,what did you do to lighten your megablock??
My friends 68' Super Bee post clone car has a mega block with no lightening tricks applied to the block, but we are surely looking at lightening in other areas to make up the difference. He's basically trying to bring the big brawny Hemi down to B-wedge weight. He has a lot to do if he so throws in the sanity towel and gets to work like some people we know

Why didn't he lighten it?? Did he machine freeze plugs for screw ins??
After BEST Machine found the porous spot in the motor during inspection and clean up, we were so tied up with trying to replace it that it slipped our minds thinking we were going to end up with another one.
Anyway, it wasn't as crucial where the porous spot resided and we went ahead with the build. As you know, Dave Dudek did an excellent job at making this mild street motor a stump puller through out the rpm range. It is going in this weekend. Firing up again soon after.
I think if I ever go aluminum block in the future, I'll for sure see it through BEST and their expertise.

Auto Transport Service
Back