• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome wagon for wagons

This looks very cool. What's the car's story?

I was originally looking for a 69-to-73ish Town and Country. Had a couple of beauties slip through my fingers locally due to dithering on my part :BangHead:. I started looking for any kind of wagon on CL locally and when nothing popped up I started looking further out. I found this one on CL in Spokane, WA but the car was in Kalispell, MT. A ton of phone calls and emails later I drove up there with my trailer, inspected it, and brought it back. It's not perfect as very little was done to fix long-term stuff like cat whiskers and leaks, but otherwise it's in very good shape. I believe the clock is correct at 58K. There's no way this car has 158K on it. It's all original everything - engine, trans, interior, paint, etc. The last two PO's drove it a few times a year to get an ice cream so that was 15 years of sitting, luckily inside heated shops. It was originally sold in Butte, MT so it's entirely possible it was a MT car its whole life. Here are some more photos.

20230617_150824.jpg

20230629_193006.jpg

DSCN1787.JPG

DSCN1790.JPG

DSCN1793.JPG

I've been doing shake-down trips around town to find gremlins (like the driveshaft falling out on the freeway) :eek:. This winter it's getting a new top end with a 4-barrel intake, Thermoquad, and HP exhaust manifolds from a 72 340. It will get dual exhaust, Speedmaster heads, a new 22" radiator, trap door air cleaner, and a slightly improved cam. All of that will be done up so it still looks as it does now - a plain-jane 318. It's a cruiser so I'm not going to scare anyone off the line. But I do intend to drive the wheels off of it.

(...) I found this one on CL in Spokane, WA but the car was in Kalispell, MT. (...) It's all original everything - engine, trans, interior, paint, etc. (...) It was originally sold in Butte, MT so it's entirely possible it was a MT car its whole life. (...)
Thank you! I remember seeing the car for sale and, at the time, was wondering if the paint was original or not. Rare combo, at least for Mopars -- for Ferrari, not so much :)

Hello from frozen Wisconsin. Can't wait to be able to drive this one again soon!

20140704_112415.jpg

Is that a 500 wagon?

Tell us about it please.

Is that a 500 wagon?

Tell us about it please.
it is a 500 wagon original B5 blue exterior and B5 interior, now it has a black interior. it has the deluxe door panels, wood grain dash panels and the 3rd seat in back. I took the side trim off when I restored it. Originally a 318 3sp car it now has a 440 4sp with the functional N96 hood. I have won some trophies and races with it.

Last edited:
3 speed manual?

In a 500?

Isn't it amazing what engine/trans combo's you could get back in the day?

Isn't it amazing what engine/trans combo's you could get back in the day?

3 on the tree was the only way you could get a manual trans on a small block in a B body car until 1971!

Stupid policy IMO, but that's the way it was.

Apparently that policy was also not subject to the "if you order it, they will build it" we hear about so often.

Easier to get a Hemi 4 door than a 273 four barrel four speed in a 66/67 B body!

My wagon hunt is over. Picked up this 67 yesterday from a nice gent in Agoura Hills[ west of LA] that was advertised on FB marketplace. It's a deluxe wagon, wind up windows x5. Had a 318 originally, one of the previous owners put the 440 in. The gent I got it from freshened that up, went through the trans with good stuff, has a Hughes 2k stall converter, freshened up rear diff w 3.23's and a SG from the Doc. He also did the front disc conversion, 10.75", from the Doc plus a booster. Body and paint was done in the early 2000's, shows some issues but no big deal. Interior looks original, will get seats redone down the road[ a little mushy on the foam]. Has 14's on it with OE center caps, 225/70-14's. Front suspension has been done in the past. Included a set of 15x7 Cop wheels plus some matching center caps. Once my truck sells, as long as I have money left over from paying back the short term loan, I'll get some tires to put on the 15's and fill up the openings better plus try to get a fairly tall one in the back to help out the overall gear ratio[ cut the rpm some]. After that I'll rustle up a pair of caliper brackets for the 11.75" rotors, get a pair of rotors, get some better pads and latch onto some 11x2.5 rear drum parts. I want as much brake ability as possible using OE stuff. In the future I'm going to get the car scaled so I can choose t-bars, springs, sway bars etc to take the mush ride away. I have an extra 70 k-frame that will get swapped in as I like that sway bar setup better. It will get some SFC's, will use some 2x2x.120 wall square tube. This way I get the units plus don't cut the floor like I did on my 65 with the 2x4 ones[ intentionally]. There will be other upgrades later on but I'll keep it simple for now so the majority of my time and dough go to the 65.

IMG_4396.jpeg

IMG_4397.jpeg

IMG_4398.jpeg

IMG_4399.jpeg

IMG_4400.jpeg

IMG_4401.jpeg

IMG_4402.jpeg

IMG_4403.jpeg

I have had several 440 C Body wagons over the years that eventually were pilfered for their drivetrain and other good parts. I have always been on the hunt for a 66-70 B Body wagon or even a 4 door for a fair weather daily driver.

I have had several 440 C Body wagons over the years that eventually were pilfered for their drivetrain and other good parts.
Any fuselage C-body wagon among those? Pray tell us more.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back