• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well here we are again mother nature is trying to kill FL again!

There ya go.
Perfect example of someone who doesn't look at others being responsible for their own well being based on their life choices.
Takes responsibility for choosing to live in hurricane alley and makes provisions to do so.
I love it. Good on ya! :thumbsup:
Wish more were like you...

Woah, Ohio? I can see checking into getting out of where you're at, but let's not get crazy here. :)
Lol, I came so close to punching the red ‘X’!

Well another day nearer !
If it runs up the coast there's going to be some flooding issues ! Thank God I did a little research when I bought my house (and knew some inside people firstly I'm highest ground on the street! Second there's a huge Human controlled canal 4 blocks away ! They keep it empty most of the time ! (It's empty now!)
And lastly they put in new drainage pipes a few months back that drain each road to said canal !

So I was being a dick yesterday! I was harassing the Tesla car people as they were plugging in there cars at the local strip mall!
Long story short the plug ins are right in the middle of where we hold are monthly cruise in so they always give us some snippy comments about out gas cars and how waistful we all are!!!!
I asked them how one was to evacuate in an elc car? Most places don't have accomodations for these things to charge them and you can only go 300 miles ? Oh yeah when the power gos out and you can't charge it and you need to get the hell out then what !!!
I've been ragging on peruse owners too ! As there trying to get generator s and wood home in these things! I'd just roll by saying bet you wish you had a truck!

If it runs up the coast there's going to be some flooding issues ! Thank God I did a little research when I bought my house (and knew some inside people firstly I'm highest ground on the street! Second there's a huge Human controlled canal 4 blocks away ! They keep it empty most of the time ! (It's empty now!)
And lastly they put in new drainage pipes a few months back that drain each road to said canal !

So I was being a dick yesterday! I was harassing the Tesla car people as they were plugging in there cars at the local strip mall!
Long story short the plug ins are right in the middle of where we hold are monthly cruise in so they always give us some snippy comments about out gas cars and how waistful we all are!!!!
I asked them how one was to evacuate in an elc car? Most places don't have accomodations for these things to charge them and you can only go 300 miles ? Oh yeah when the power gos out and you can't charge it and you need to get the hell out then what !!! You make some good points on all electric cars and as for our old rides, I'm lucky if I can put on 500 or so miles on mine in a year, not exactly a major contribution to being wasteful as I spend more time futzing with it than driving it..
I've been ragging on peruse owners too ! As there trying to get generator s and wood home in these things! I'd just roll by saying bet you wish you had a truck!

I asked them how one was to evacuate in an elc car? Most places don't have accomodations for these things to charge them and you can only go 300 miles ? Oh yeah when the power gos out and you can't charge it and you need to get the hell out then what !!!

Some good points on the reliance on all-electric cars in cases of evacuation or power outages. As for complaints from people who are not old car fans, I'm lucky if I put 500 miles on mine in a year...not exactly a major contribution to burning up gas. Spend more time putzing with it than I do driving it.

Looks like Florida might be catching a break. My folks are Central, in Lakeland. They’re not going anywhere no matter what. Also, **** electric cars.

Last edited:
They have been wrong with the track of this hurricane for the last 2 days & yet climate "scientists" say that they can predict the Earth's weather 50-100 years from now?

giphy.gif

We're looking good but we're not taking a chance ! We're still going to get a good beating and probably loss of power . But if it plays nice like it looks we get to keep our houses!!!!!

I don't like the words steering currents collapse and potential cat 5.

Guy down the street put up his plywood on the inside of his 2 slider s(x garage door) I asked him if he needed help he said nope I just finished ! I told him the wood would work better outside the glass !

Saw some guys trying to gouge people for plywood Friday.

They had a trailer full of it in an abandoned gas station parking lot- must have had 50 sheets at what, $40 each?

not sure what they were asking but pretty sure they weren't just doing folks a favor.

They were there all day and didn't look like they sold a single sheet.

As title say ! Mother nature/god ? Who ever just doesn't like FL!
I wasn't to concerned the other day then we woke up and learned the dang hurricane was a cat 4 and point right at us !
It still has time to grow! Great!!!!
Then to add to the problem there's this news guy called jim cantorie he goes where the storm is going to hit hardest !
Well f##k there's Jim beach side at a local bar!
Great he's right here in my town at Melbourne beach ! (Again) you always find him at the local bars before a hurricane!
So I'm getting the ky out and going to take it like a man ! I'm not leaving .might send my wife and kid inland somewhere .
I'll take pictures as the fun starts !

Oh did I mention all the beer is sold out already!

I heard on our local news radio station that our local electric utility company, Edison, is sending 500 workers down to Florida to help repair any damaged power lines from the storm... They are sending them down early so they can work with the local power line guys to learn the Florida system and be able to repair it correctly and efficiently...

They checked our local forecast and made sure to keep some guys back here to handle any repairs and maintenance that may be needed to keep our system running...

You guys take care and good luck... Hopefully they won't be needed, but will be there to help just in case...

Auto Transport Service
Back