• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well here we are again mother nature is trying to kill FL again!

There's a reason why private insurance companies won't insure some of these places for floods.
Precisely. Like a lot of other parts of the country I'm sure, here for example if you choose to build your home
in FEMA designated floodplains, you won't get flood insurance from any insurance company.
Common sense, eh?
Nobody is telling people NOT to build wherever they like - they just do so at their own risk, not anyone else's.

Wow. Turned a thread meant for compassion, well-wishes and maybe updates from those in the affected areas into something utterly ridiculous...Nice.

Jezz I get up today see the hurricane isn't going to be bothering us get on and see FL. Are getting pumbled on here!

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents would never leave for exactly the same reason. My Dad never expected anyone else to do his heavy lifting.

IMG_20190903_141622.jpg

Wow. Turned a thread meant for compassion, well-wishes and maybe updates from those in the affected areas into something utterly ridiculous...Nice.
some people, I'm pretty damn sure we all know whom

he/they just can't resist

1 specifically starts this **** constantly
he's a thread killer, by intent if it doesn't go his way

he keeps getting away with it too

that's the crazy part

seems like the storm
(hurricane downgraded to a cat 2-3-4, depend on who you listen to)
has stalled & lingering

hope all stay safe, try to stay dry & on high ground

5 dead in the Bahama's, last I just heard

mother nature can be a real BITCH when she chooses too

all these storms generated (cause hurricanes)
are mostly all coming off the NE coast of Africa
build until they get near our eastern seaboards/islands etc.

My intent was not to throw shade at anyone. I have many friends that live in Florida, some still actively working and yes, some are retired. Some would never leave and a few moved back in the last few years. I'm the last person to wish someone harm, I know how precious life is with and without a loved one. God speed to all!

My intent was not to throw shade at anyone. I have many friends that live in Florida, some still actively working and yes, some are retired. Some would never leave and a few moved back in the last few years. I'm the last person to wish someone harm, I know how precious life is with and without a loved one. God speed to all!
my post wasn't referring to you at all

just so you know

my post wasn't referring to you at all

just so you know
Thank you! I just didn't want anyone in the post before you to think I care more about money than I do life.

How about we all stick to keeping in touch with everyone here, and wishing them well or praying for them....instead of all this bitterness and bitching about what or who did something.
Don't drag petty political opinions into the mix. Hurricanes are something you can do nothing about...except try to protect yourself and family.

So, really, the main thought should be family, Mopar & guns. Are we agreed? Stay safe all you guys.

some people, I'm pretty damn sure we all know whom

he/they just can't resist

1 specifically starts this **** constantly
he's a thread killer, by intent if it doesn't go his way

he keeps getting away with it too

that's the crazy part
Reading your post and reading all the posts that I can see.....It was easy to figure who that is.......:fool:

Guess Nippers is gone in Abaco... along with most everything else. Thankful the wife's cousin moved their boat out of Marsh Harbour this Spring. What a mess...

I wish all of you in harm's way God's protection & peace!
My In-laws have evacuated.

My in-laws live in Palm Beach County. They're in their 80's. They weren't under evacuation orders but Saturday their neighbor came over and put down all their hurricane shutters. My mother-in-law said that being shut in for 4 days with imminent doom on EVERY tv station 24/7 was the most high stressed time since moving down there 25+ years ago. Better than being shut in and having the storm hit you though. Thank god, no damage.
Prayers going out to the people in the Bahamas where some parts were just flattened. Gonna send a donation to the Red Cross for relief there. It's the least I/we can do to help. We love the Caribbean Islands. It's just too bad mother nature tears her up every few years.

Auto Transport Service
Back