• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your favorite wheel on a drag car?

Really liked my American 200S. Wouldn't have changed them except they cracked. I thought long and hard and purchased Billet Specialties Street Lites. Like them as well but not as nostalgic.
Doug

20200606_203154.jpg

new wheels.jpg

Super Tricks & Centerlines
Budnicks 23 T Ford Altered AA-Gas 6-71 Blown 301ci Donovan (1).jpg

shitty phot hard to see but Pro-Convos
they were hot at the time light & really strong
Budnicks 89 Camaro Z28 540ci Milodon Outlaw Pro-Stock Sears Point early 90's.JPG

Weld Lites
Budnicks 67 Camaro 8.98 @ Sacramento early 1980's (brightened up a tad).png

Pro-Convos Centerline
RIM Centerline Convo-Pro NEW 15x6.jpg

or Weld Wheels Pro-stars or Centerline Pro Convos

Rim Weld Racing Wheels Pro Star.jpg

Budnicks 49 Ford Business Coupe Pro-Gas #4.jpg

I ran Cragers for quite a time too

Rim Crager SS 70's vintage.png

Rim Halibrand 15x10 in. 5 on 4.5 4.25 in. BS as cast centers polished outers - Sprint Holley.jpg

if others weren't available in the sizes I wanted
Rim Halibrand Wheel advert. #2.jpg

I prefer a Halibrand polished slot (below are from Edelbrock rare as hens teeth)
with the kidney-shaped ridged cut outs
Mag wheel if possible, on the older cars
Newer car, after 1980 body styles, the a more contemporary wheel is ok

68 RR 295-50-15 Edelbrock Rear Wheels & Tires 15in x 9.5in. 5.25in BS #1.JPG

Those Bogarts on the front sure look like Motorwheel Fly's (or was it Fleas?).
Flys. The rears were the same, till I had bead-locks installed. Magnesium doesn't make them Fleas. These are Fleas...

MotorWheel Flea.jpg

I like the ones that are off the ground :lol:

Keystones do look good.BUT,,
I say whatever is the easiest to CLEAN .

Those are the brand I was lookin for, I had a brain fart at the time and couldn’t think of what they were called :lol:,

And yes that’s true too

Flys. The rears were the same, till I had bead-locks installed. Magnesium doesn't make them Fleas. These are Fleas...

View attachment 1558335
Saw a few fly's. I can't remember ever seeing real Fleas on any car, ever.
I remember thinking centerlines were expensive, at the time... but Motorwheels were NUTS!

Saw a few fly's. I can't remember ever seeing real Fleas on any car, ever.
I remember thinking centerlines were expensive, at the time... but Motorwheels were NUTS!
The front pair of Fleas I have, are the only ones I've seen in 50 years. I only saw one ad with a picture of a Spyder, Fly, and Flea together, otherwise I've never seen one or a picture of them on a car. Other people have said they have some, but are always unable to post a picture that's not of mine. Rarest parts I've ever had, without any doubt... and I've had a some seriously rare stuff. Back in the mid to late 70's, I bought the last pair of aluminum front Flys, from Gapp and Roush at their shop on Schoolcraft, in Livonia Michigan. That was really big-time for me. LOL

I'm a big fan of the Billet Specialties Comp 7s. These are getting beadlocked this winter. Very strong and light. They pair well with their Win Lite front wheels.

Resized-20220501-145232.jpg

Any Weld wheel.
Centerline auto drags are always a go-to usually cheap.
Always had a thing for convo-pros also.

In the early 70's I ran Super Tricks on my Dart,the fronts would crack from the street driving so Centerlines were go to after that.
charger.jpg
dart1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back