• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are 70 Cornet R/T’a worth at the moment?

Scott Kiger

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
I have one for sale near me. It hasn’t ran in several years. Is a real R/T with the Ram Charger hood option. Yellow with black guts and automatic transmission. Non numbers matching engine and needs restoring but doesn’t look terrible. Will need quarters because if rust along the bottom and some at the corners of the back glass but floor pans and trunk pan are solid. He knows where the matching number engine is but the guy won’t sell it. I know him so I may can get it. Maybe.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to pay more than a 20 grand buy in for the car. Does it have a fender tag or build sheet? These are important to have atleast one,preferably both. The rust never looks bad until you start cutting them apart. There is always more than there appears to be. If you do buy the car be sure to get the information on who has the matching numbers engine too. Perhaps you can convince him to sell it and reunite it with the car.

Fender tag yes. Broadcast sheets are tough here in the south. Humidity is high and mice are hungry. I found a partial in my 68 RR but it wasn’t much. Mice got the rest

Fender tag yes. Broadcast sheets are tough here in the south. Humidity is high and mice are hungry. I found a partial in my 68 RR but it wasn’t much. Mice got the rest
Found mine just fine - in fact, in a car the previous owner had replaced all the floors and quarters on!
He never looked at the back seat backside for whatever reason...
build sheet.jpg

I have one for sale near me. It hasn’t ran in several years. Is a real R/T with the Ram Charger hood option. Yellow with black guts and automatic transmission. Non numbers matching engine and needs restoring but doesn’t look terrible. Will need quarters because if rust along the bottom and some at the corners of the back glass but floor pans and trunk pan are solid. He knows where the matching number engine is but the guy won’t sell it. I know him so I may can get it. Maybe.
I think I would try to get the engine first; and money talks clearer than words.

I don’t really need it honestly. And I think he is a bit high on his asking. Never been a huge fan of the 70 front end personally, but if the price was right I would be interested in it. That front end may grow on me over time. The 68 was awesome and the 69 was close to perfection. Then they took an acid trip in 70.

Super RARE cars
If you can get it ...get it.
Providing it is not a loss....
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I don’t really need it honestly. And I think he is a bit high on his asking. Never been a huge fan of the 70 front end personally, but if the price was right I would be interested in it. That front end may grow on me over time. The 68 was awesome and the 69 was close to perfection. Then they took an acid trip in 70.

Yeah, that is why I like em'
Oddball

I don’t really need it honestly. And I think he is a bit high on his asking.y Never been a huge fan of the 70 front end personally, but if the price was right I would be interested in it. That front end may grow on me over time. The 68 was awesome and the 69 was close to perfection. Then they took an acid trip in 70.

I’m a 69 guy myself for obvious reasons
0ADA29C7-3A2F-4DE4-9765-FC1DE05B79C1.jpeg

but if the price is right a 1970 would be cool.

Well I went and had a closer look. The old car has good bones. VIN matches the fender tag. I didn’t have a key to get the trunk open to check the hidden numbers and honestly didn’t have time either. Will go back. The car is yellow now but was originally a TX9 black car with black interior. Bucket seats with a console, console isn’t there though. Has an after market B&M shifter mounted now. Rallye dash with N85 tach, non-AC car but has dealer installed hang on A/C now. Came with hood pins, belt moldings, N96 fresh air hood, v86 stripe delete car.Dual manual chrome mirrors. 3 speed wipers. Never messed with a 70 model but does the fender tag not having anything about the rear axle on it? My 68 does.

I like the look of the 70 Coronet R/T, but getting replacement body panels may be a bit tricky.

Well I went and had a closer look. The old car has good bones. VIN matches the fender tag. I didn’t have a key to get the trunk open to check the hidden numbers and honestly didn’t have time either. Will go back. The car is yellow now but was originally a TX9 black car with black interior. Bucket seats with a console, console isn’t there though. Has an after market B&M shifter mounted now. Rallye dash with N85 tach, non-AC car but has dealer installed hang on A/C now. Came with hood pins, belt moldings, N96 fresh air hood, v86 stripe delete car.Dual manual chrome mirrors. 3 speed wipers. Never messed with a 70 model but does the fender tag not having anything about the rear axle on it? My 68 does.

Wow
A Black Coronet R/T?
SINISTER!
Yeah, the Coronet R/T was (is) a Bad *** Car...period!
IF it is a 4-speed, it would be a Dana 60
IF it is an automatic car, it would be the 8 3/4 Rear

Wow
A Black Coronet R/T?
SINISTER!
Yeah, the Coronet R/T was (is) a Bad *** Car...period!
IF it is a 4-speed, it would be a Dana 60
IF it is an automatic car, it would be the 8 3/4 Rear

it’s an automatic car. He’s a bit high for a car that needs restoring I think without the original engine. If I can get him down a few thousand I’m a player. He also has a 68 Satty that has been cloned into a runner. It’s a nice looking car. His dad painted it sublime green which isn’t a 68 color but it’s a clone so who cares. Mild 383, nice interior. Been sitting about five years. The R/T has been off the road since 2000

Good luck
an org. TX9 70 R/T would be a cool ride

I'd just make sure to try to get the #'s matching parts
before you get a set price
that's If that's the type of build you're after,
a #'s matching/org. type deal
if not, or the #'s matching doesn't matter, just go with it

that could be a bargaining chip too

otherwise, maybe just negotiate the price down
or if he's a buddy do some horse-trading

if you can, it helps to evaluate the car
real-world stuff