• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What car will Bradley Cooper drive in the 'Bullitt' reboot?

ANY remake of that movie will be better.....at least the plot anyway.
I get bored stiff each time I have tried to watch it. The chase scenes are the only redeeming thing about it.
One thing that few people notice about many car chases is how much recycled footage gets used. You can drive a car down a road and shoot film from 5 cameras and cleverly edit the footage to extend the chase time. We have all noticed the same green VW going down that hill but there are other duplicate scenes edited in as well.

I'm sure the new version of the car chase will be unrealistic CGI footage instead of real life driving action filmed out in the real streets of San Francisco like the original version was.

One thing that few people notice about many car chases is how much recycled footage gets used. You can drive a car down a road and shoot film from 5 cameras and cleverly edit the footage to extend the chase time. We have all noticed the same green VW going down that hill but there are other duplicate scenes edited in as well.
And you learned something without even realizing it. When chased by the police, never go down the same street over and over again !

ANY remake of that movie will be better.....at least the plot anyway.
I get bored stiff each time I have tried to watch it. The chase scenes are the only redeeming thing about it.
For posterity, one more time!
:rofl:

main-qimg-def28e53d77e0b79bd903520a9d63026-lq.jpeg

VW sold millions of those cars, they all could have been different cars! Lol
Plus, they were having a VW Bug convention that day in SF.

Just kidding.

If you're looking for modern car chase scenes that don't look "over engineered" and are relatively CGI-free, the 2011 movie Drive is a good candidate.

Plus there's a bit of an homage to Bullitt in that in one chase they use a modern Mustang Bullitt and a 4-door Mopar (I think it's the Chrysler 300 if memory serves).

Saw the Movie when I was 9 and wanted a dodge charger. I was able to own one in 1976, 1971 dodge charger R/T 440 4speed.

no for a new “Bullitt” movie.

Saw the Movie when I was 10 and wanted a dodge charger. I was able to own one in 1976, 1971 dodge charger R/T 440 4speed.

no for a new “Bullitt” movie.

I'm kinda' looking forward to this.
As far as CGI, I think more and more movies are using less and less.
A great example is the "Maverick" movie. They kept the CG to a minimum, even going so far as to have the actors learn how to fly.

The big question is where are they going to find a modern production Mustang that will keep up with a modern production Charger????

For posterity, one more time!
A fun fact… that Bug is a ‘68, like the Charger. The movie was released in October ‘68, and the VW has the new for ‘68 bumpers and side marker lights.

Oh, oh, I forgot about the red one!

Love this airborne frame still.

3eea0f31bad8aa21fe49fa978c61f6f0.jpg

Last edited:
I'm kinda' looking forward to this.
As far as CGI, I think more and more movies are using less and less.
A great example is the "Maverick" movie. They kept the CG to a minimum, even going so far as to have the actors learn how to fly.

The big question is where are they going to find a modern production Mustang that will keep up with a modern production Charger????
They had the same problem in 68,they finally had to bolt the Mustang to the Charger R/T so it could appear to keep up on film! Lol

IMG_20161106_124748374.jpg

C8 Vette (or a BMW M4) for the detective and a Hellcat Challenger for the bad guys.

Mustangs can be in the background instead of VW Beetles. :p

Back to topic, a challenger hellcat and a mustang Shelby.
In the original film the Mustang was picked by Steve McQueen because it looked like a car a Police detective could afford, a Shelby Mustang is not a car the average public servant can afford. A Mustang GT is more in line with that.

Auto Transport Service
Back