• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What color car Won't you buy?

33 IMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
I like black cars, they look terrific if clean and straight. Mine never seemed to be. At one time i had three regular use black vehicles, none garaged (better stuff in the garage). By the time i got done washing the third, the first needed washing again. As a result, i won't buy another black car, unless it's an EXTRAORDINARY deal on a car i can't live without. (I can think of one i Would buy.) I know other people have similar prejudices ( not using that word in the bad sense of the word ). What won't You buy, brown? Yellow? Green? Pink?

no to green and brown, I like yellow Y1.

I'm nor a big fan of red or yellow
really depends on the cars too, I've owned several of both colors...

I painted my 68 Charger R/T when I was 19 {?} Bright Yellow
I regretted it after that... I was young & dumb...
The car was org. GG1 Dark Green/Black
I've owned a few Yellow RR's too, in different hues of yellow,
still not my favorite color...

I do like oranges thou...

I've had a couple brand x cars in red, never liked red
Don't know what it is, it's just not my color...
I've seen some really nice cars in red too, I just won't seek them out to buy...
Not based on the color anyway...

I try to find something "not in those 2 colors",
But; if it is the right car, I wouldn't really care...
I personally like {metallic/poly} turquoises & greens or silver exteriors
I prefer black interiors
I don't really like red interiors
unless it's a silver exterior with red or black accents
even then I'm not a big fan of resale red...
I think it's overdone in many cases, too many people chose to do it...
On the right car & the correct OE paint, It wouldn't matter then,
I just prefer other colors...

Sorry to those that love them colors, it is what it is...
The world would be boring as hell if we all liked the same colors...

Last edited:
Sorry, would never own a black vehicle. I agree they look good. But I live in oil country where every dufus on the street owns a jacked up black truck. Ruined the color for me. Of course, no car should be yellow... except a Mopar

I think black cars look terrific if they are clean and straight. Mine never seemed to be. At one time i had three black vehicles in regular use, not garaged (better stuff in the garage ). Buy the time I got done washing the third one, the first one needed washing again. As a result, i won't buy another black car unless it's an EXTRAORDINARY deal on a car i can't live without. (I can think of one ). I believe others have a similar prejudice (not using that word in the bad sense ). What color won't You buy, brown? Yellow? Green? Pink?

I like black cars, they look terrific if clean and straight. Mine never seemed to be. At one time i had three regular use black vehicles, none garaged (better stuff in the garage). By the time i got done washing the third, the first needed washing again. As a result, i won't buy another black car, unless it's an EXTRAORDINARY deal on a car i can't live without.

e8f2fed7728144e17751ec3da6936f1cdcf2ccba0b5c2b749519924d56b7d61f.jpg

Darn, i think this got posted twice. I tried to edit and then couldn't find it so i re-typed. Hopefully an administrator will remove extra and this.

I think black cars look terrific if they are clean and straight. Mine never seemed to be. At one time i had three black vehicles in regular use, not garaged (better stuff in the garage ). Buy the time I got done washing the third one, the first one needed washing again. As a result, i won't buy another black car unless it's an EXTRAORDINARY deal on a car i can't live without. (I can think of one ). I believe others have a similar prejudice (not using that word in the bad sense ). What color won't You buy, brown? Yellow? Green? Pink?
It depends on the car. I wouldn’t buy a purple or pink super bee, but I certainly would buy a pink or purple T/A or AAR.

I scratched my head when I saw this color in person. Even when it's shiny it looks wrong. It's called "Destroyer gray".
th?id=OIP.9AU9lPFZNn-l2ajf_QmI3gHaFj&pid=15.jpg

Last edited:
Black once was enough, any green (had one, cost me $1) pale yellow, dark brown and gray.
Edit: One more Buttersnot. sorry to anyone who has one, just not for me.

Last edited:
It's sort of like glossy "battleship gray", destroyer gray

That's what Dodge calls it.-- Ford and GM must have their own pet names. --Also, it has no metallic/glitter at all.
When it gets dirty one will have little incentive to wash it because of little gain in appearance.

Here's a color that speaks to the car.

137287.jpg

Sorry, would never own a black vehicle. I agree they look good. But I live in oil country where every dufus on the street owns a jacked up black truck. Ruined the color for me. Of course, no car should be yellow... except a Mopar

So you would pass on this !!

5920335212655.jpg

I don't like red, and don't understand brown....... love pale yellow, hate bright yellow..... green is my favorite, darker is better...... blue is too easy, purple is ghetto........orange is Halloween......... silver and gold are cool...... white and black work well together

Some friends and i went to a lx only show at Pomona fairgrounds (winternationals location ). Fca (fiat) was there surveying attendees about colors for next years cars. There were LOTS more colors in the show and parking lot than at a typical new car dealership. The survey had about 20 different colors painted on 1/10 scale challenger forms.

Auto Transport Service
Back