• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

That Poncho looks suspiciously similar to the chevyII from those years:D:rolleyes:

It's the same thing. 98% chevy badged as a pontiac with only stuff like grill and emblems actually specific.

Twenty some odd years ago I built a hydraulic press, I spent less than Harbor Freight gets for their bottle jack press & it's got allot of things that make it more useful, an 8" throat, floating ram, table adjustment is with a crank handle...

Anyway probably fifteen years ago I scored a little power unit, then I scored a bigger cylinder & a few control valves....

This week I finally took the time to modify & rework the press.... It still can be operated with the hand pump for precise control but now it also has a electric power unit so it's better for jobs that require longer travel of the ram...

View attachment 1435313View attachment 1435314

Honestly, I'm old enough I really don't need a press capable of what this one is capable of... But I've gathered the parts on the cheap... I had everything but the hoses and a few fittings & I hate leaving projects un-finished...

That's nice. Looks very similar to the one I bought from the estate of a "fat fender" hot rodder.
Hand built with quality, heavy stock and heavy welds.
He had a crazy big "porta-power" style ram on it that leaked, and it also came with a bunch of other porta-power stuff.
However, the moving table was missing. I made one from C channel I got before or local place to buy that quit selling to the public
and I put a Torrin 20 ton bottle jack on it after modifying and reinforcing the top plate area.. It works GREAT.
It's also got a hand crank to lift the table. I love that even though I had to reengineer part of it.

I've always wondered how he put the large holes for the table supports in the sides.
They don't look cut and they don't look drilled. Way too "perfect" for either.

Made a new sign post for one that rotted away..This one won’t hang funny since it has a real brace instead of a decorative piece on the non bearing weight side…

2980384D-5D92-4574-AF65-04FC6AA0641C.jpeg

594778F1-B113-4067-B684-24C5940ED636.jpeg

Last edited:
What did I do today besides work on my car?

Bought a motorcycle-

20230318_094639.jpg

I've been "browsing" for one that checks all the boxes and wasn't too far of a drive for a few years and one finally came up.

2011 "fat tire" Sportster 1200 with factory forward controls and backrest (for Mrs. YY1).
I wanted EFI (check) and did NOT want spokes (check).
Bonus check for black.

It was right in my budget window of 5K.

Here's the kicker-

2300 miles. That's right hundred.

I'm pretty stoked. I've never owned a Harley before.

It does remind me of the last bike I had- a 1400 suzuki intruder.
It feels burly and it kind of "chugs".
The intruder had a hydraulic clutch, which I miss.
The intruder felt top heavy. The Sporty does not.

This bike wants to GO. It almost begs you to go faster. Very smile inducing.

Last edited:
What did I do today besides work on my car?

Bought a motorcycle-

View attachment 1435667

I've been "browsing" for one that checks all the boxes and wasn't too far of a drive for a few years and one finally came up.

2011 "fat tire" Sportster 1200 with factory forward controls and backrest (for Mrs. YY1).
I wanted EFI (check) and did NOT want spokes (check).
Bonus check for black.

It was right in my budget window of 5K.

Here's the kicker-

2300 miles. That's right hundred.

I'm pretty stoked. I've never owned a Harley before.

It does remind me of the last bike I had- a 1400 suzuki intruder.
It feels burly and it kind of "chugs".
The intruder had a hydraulic clutch, which I miss.
The intruder felt top heavy. The Sporty does not.

This bike wants to GO. It almost begs you yo go faster. Very smile inducing.
You dog!! lol

Decided to clean up my tools a little bit the last couple days.

First I have been using an old Sears Craftsman socket kit my parents bought me sometime around 1989, love the set and have used it on everything since I got it but the old case has been slowly falling apart and in the last few years the old plastic is getting so hard and brittle I've needed to use a screwdriver to pop them out of their little pockets.

kh0h4yMh.jpg

7Z7Q8N1h.jpg

I had picked up some 1/2" and 3/8" drive socket holders a few years ago from the thrift store for cheap, so I dug them out and organized my sockets, most from this kit but a lot I just had tossed in various drawers.

Rut4GPFh.jpg

Then picked up some metal wrench holders and decided to organize my Standard and Metric wrenches...again they were just tossed into the drawers haphazardly.

fuQUBrsh.jpg

kxpGjYZh.jpg

Much happier with them being organized now, I spent so much time constantly routing around looking for that one wrench or socket.

Although I have downsized, I still have all the baseball cards and comic books that my son and I collected for years, thousands. My old neighbor and his family are still great friends and I truly love their daughter and son as if they were my own. We lived across the street from each other for over 10 years and I have been there to watch them grow up. They are both in college and one is a freshman and the boy is a sophomore. His major is in finance and at 20 he has a stock portfolio worth almost 20 thousand. He sell baseball cards on Ebay for people and takes 10 or 15 percent off the top for his work. He went through my collection and found it to be worth a few bucks. There's one box with about 100 card that are each in screw down acrylic card holders We talked about him helping me get rid of the collection and I told him I was very impressed with his ability to save so much at such a young age. He has always asked me questions about investing and I have always been there with answers. I was shocked that he said I, in part, had influenced him. After he was done going through the cards and the comic books, we came to an agreement, but I could see in my wife's face what the true agreement should be. He would sell the cards and split the money with his sister. It's a decision we can all live with. It's the right thing to do and it made my wife happy. You can't put a price on happiness.......

I watched this guy chillin, lookin for a meal for about 2 hours during cocktail hour yesterday!
P1011022.JPG
P1011027.JPG

P1011021.JPG

P1011026.JPG

Got more of my shop rearranged before the thunderstorms arrived last night. When everything is put away, in the proper place, I have an amazing amount of move-around space in the shop. I got careless and sloppy a while back and tools didn't get put away right, so I got pissed one day last week and said to myself "no more working on vehicles until EVERYTHING gets put away and cleaned up!" I've got a console and parts to ship out soon, so that will help the situation.

I cleaned up more storm MESS!!!
1679713944355.jpeg

1679714010513.jpeg

1679714134205.jpeg

1679714238168.jpeg

Property/community devasted, widow-makers everywhere.
Many inconveniences have hindered any meaningful Charger time. Just kick me in the balls, it'll help me feel
better:drinks:

Bitch about that Willy's.

Sorry for your struggles. Trying times for you lately.
Best of luck to you sir!

Trees with needles or leaves don't get along with snow or ice. Tough clean up, good luck.

Upper element in oven crapped this morning. A spit of flame and bunch of smoke, shook up my wife. When it happened before I was using oven.

Auto Transport Service
Back